Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2014, 06:23 PM

7,327 posts, read 12,338,739 times

Advertisements

I have an aunt who lives in Virginia Beach, and she would like Buca di Beppo to come to Hampton Roads. About two years ago, Buca di Beppo was proposing a location in Chesapeake (I even made a thread about it), but so much time has passed since that apparently it isn't happening. I presume the reason why they were considering Chesapeake was due to it being the second fastest growing city in Hampton Roads (second only to Suffolk) while not being too far out.

So, does anyone think Buca di Beppo will ever come to Hampton Roads? Some may think Virginia Beach Town Center may be the ideal location, however, perhaps Buca di Beppo prefers a location with less competition which could be another reason why Chesapeake was favored over Virginia Beach. Or perhaps they may be considering a location on the Peninsula instead of the Southside, such as Williamsburg.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2014, 09:36 PM

3,848 posts, read 9,324,090 times
Probably not.

There's not much economic opportunity around here, which is probably why they're not coming in. It really says something when they'll open up a location in Atlantic City before Hampton Roads.

Old 11-13-2014, 05:36 AM

998 posts, read 1,249,966 times
Gloom and doom is back!

Old 11-13-2014, 06:55 AM

998 posts, read 1,249,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1 View Post
Probably not.

There's not much economic opportunity around here, which is probably why they're not coming in. It really says something when they'll open up a location in Atlantic City before Hampton Roads.

Never mind that Anthropologie, one of the most sought after retailers in the country, just opened at VB Town Center. Three of it's "preferred" retail neighbors have also located to TC.....not too economically disadvantaged if you ask me.
These companies do extensive demographic research, with the area economy playing a huge part.

Old 11-13-2014, 07:45 AM

1,209 posts, read 2,621,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
I have an aunt who lives in Virginia Beach, and she would like Buca di Beppo to come to Hampton Roads. About two years ago, Buca di Beppo was proposing a location in Chesapeake (I even made a thread about it), but so much time has passed since that apparently it isn't happening. I presume the reason why they were considering Chesapeake was due to it being the second fastest growing city in Hampton Roads (second only to Suffolk) while not being too far out.

So, does anyone think Buca di Beppo will ever come to Hampton Roads? Some may think Virginia Beach Town Center may be the ideal location, however, perhaps Buca di Beppo prefers a location with less competition which could be another reason why Chesapeake was favored over Virginia Beach. Or perhaps they may be considering a location on the Peninsula instead of the Southside, such as Williamsburg.
I don't know if they would but the area is certainly not lacking for similar Itallian options. They would have to compete with Carrabbas, Romanos, Olive Garden, Bravo, etc... not to mention the local places like Manninos and Pulcinella etc... not sure it would make sense for them here.

I've eaten at one in Honolulu, it is OK. The family style menu is cool but the food tastes pretty much like any of the places I mentioned above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1 View Post
Probably not.

LOL, they have a location in Winchester... where the median household income is about $44,xxx a year... as opposed to VB (or Chesapeake) where it is closer $65,xxx... Not to mention all of the people here with non taxable BAH through the military which actually makes them wealthier than the data would suggest. I suspect the process of selecting a market is a bit more complicated than you are implying.

Italian Restaurants Winchester VA | Group Dining at Buca di Beppo

Last edited by UHgrad; 11-13-2014 at 08:20 AM..

Old 11-13-2014, 01:14 PM

7,327 posts, read 12,338,739 times
I actually wonder if Buca di Beppo decides to open a location in Hampton Roads, would it be on the Southside or the Peninsula? Chesapeake and Suffolk (both on the Southside) are among Virginia's fastest growing cities, but on the Peninsula the Williamsburg area (James City and York Counties) is growing at quite a fast rate as well. I actually wouldn't be surprised if the Peninsula gets one first.

Old 11-14-2014, 11:28 AM

3,032 posts, read 4,735,794 times
I'd probably still go to Mannino's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area