Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2008, 12:10 PM

1,195 posts, read 3,978,261 times

Advertisements

I just found this video produced by our county to help showcase our extensive parks and recreation facilities. Worth a look if you are thinking of moving to the Williamsburg Virginia area. James City County, VA (http://www.ecstreams.com/JamesCity/wma/jcc_parks_&_recreation-gold_medal_video_wmv.asx - broken link)
I have permission to post it here...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2008, 01:28 PM

1,408 posts, read 8,022,785 times
Mr Williamsburg, What a wonderful video. Thank you for posting. After spending 5 days in the hampton roads area and surrounding areas (yorktown, smithfield, gloucester, surry), dh and I have decided to focus our move on james city county so this is a great video for me personally. We spent 3 days house hunting (more like narrowing down hunting) saw some nice homes and some ummm.... not so nice homes. out of all the places we saw we like this area the best. now i just need to find a job. Since you're in real estate let me ask you, is there any need for a marketing person with a graphic design background (photoshop, indesign) in the area? thanks again for the video.

Old 01-14-2008, 01:01 PM

21 posts, read 69,547 times
a nice video Mr Williamsburg...any idea on any professional sports teams coming to play in the HR area...with such a large population I wonder why pro sports havent moved into the area, although I did hear that the Senators looked in the Norfolk area after they moved from Montreal to DC....

Old 01-15-2008, 10:13 AM

1,195 posts, read 3,978,261 times
Suprisingly I'm not aware of any teams coming or thinking of moving to town at this time.
I guess the different localities don't have the financial resources to lure a team. If all of them (Norfolk, Va Beach, Portsmout, Newport News, Hampton, Chesapeake, Suffolk, Isle of Wight, York County, James City County) pooled to gether we could propably pull it off. Anyone up to the challenge ? I'm sure the majority of taxpayers would say no way am I going to pay higher taxes to bring a team to this area.

Old 01-15-2008, 07:12 PM

21 posts, read 69,547 times
Coming from the Philly area when Lincoln Financial was built for the Eagles along with Citizens Bank Park for the Phils taxes did not go up for the city residents as my family still lives in the city....luxury boxes is where the money is made from the corporations buying them and also seating licenses that the ticket holders would have to buy for each seat...I think it would be a win win for the fans and the city that was up for the challenge...

Old 01-15-2008, 09:36 PM

213 posts, read 1,020,985 times
Major league teams have elimanted the area for the common reason - money! Not enough of a high end market to pay for the endeavor. The area is spread out geographically, the tunnels a challenge, no one community can take ownership. This has been discussed and dismissed many times. Not enough "big money" in the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area