Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 03:34 AM

37 posts, read 179,366 times

Advertisements

Kacee1

Thanks for the sweet opinion and askin you friend again!
Brenneman farm seems nice but too expencive so I dont think I can rent there I sent an email to them and asked how will work the utilities that included or not, I havent gotten emai back yet but I guess its uncluded.
If it is then I really would love to rent but I dunno.
Utilities in VA is kinda expensive that i imagined. Because most of the apartments arent included!

Does anybody have any info of The crossings at red mill, South lake, Windsor lake, Legends at the beach, Waterfront and Summer station???
Im thinkin of those apartments too! Oh, of course still thinkin Shoreline too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2008, 08:46 AM

6,292 posts, read 10,599,904 times
I live at Legends. I would not recommend it. The jet noise is really bad, and the parking is horrible. You get 1 assigned spot and a pass for each of your cars. The thing is there are more cars than visitor spots. Also you have to get a pass for your company if you want to have someone over. You can only get 2 at a time so a party is hard unless you get your neighbors to give you their passes. Plus finding a spot is hard especially the later it is. The only spot you are guaranteed is your reserved spot. Oh and don't park with out a pass, or you will get towed. My hubby had a friend over for less than five min to pick something up really quick and when he want back out his car was gone.. It cost 125$ to get it back. I would recommend Waterfront's new side. I lived there and it was great. We moved out of state and when we came back we couldn't wait for an opening. I wish we could have though.

Old 01-28-2008, 09:20 AM

Spazkat9696

Thanks for you reply and opinion!
Well, I still dont get it and I hope you dont mind If i asking you this, Legends must to get visitor pass to even enter too or only just park?
Wow, That is so crazy but Glad to hear that!!
I wont definitely rent that crazy apartments ever heard then!

and Would you tell me more about Waterfront?
I didnt know that they have new side and old side. Whats the different between new and old? and Also are they big or small?
Because everytime i look at the floorplans they dont say anything about sq,ft.
so I cant know how big you know and I sent an email to them but Still havent gotten it yet

Old 01-28-2008, 09:32 AM

6,292 posts, read 10,599,904 times
Anyone can enter legends it's not gated but you have to have the pass to park. It makes a drop in visit hard because if the office is closed you can't get a pass. People can park in your reserved spot with out a pass but then you have to find a spot for your car. Also there is a gym here at legends but you have to pay a one time fee of 50$ to join it. Waterfront was wonderful. It had 2 stocked lakes a fenced in area where you could let your pets run, lots of side walks and paths to walk on and great maintenance. The new side is newer than the old side. The new side apartments are larger and have a sprinkler system and a ADT security system which is nice if you are ever home alone. I must admit I felt very safe there and we never actually used the alarm. We had the largest 2 bedroom two bath and the the layout was great. There was some jet noise at waterfront but it was not anything compared to Legends. Also waterfront is zoned for a really good ES Christopher Farms. Oh and the gym, pool, clubhouse and sauna are all great at waterfront. They also have community functions through out the year. Like an easter egg hunt for the kids and a Christmas and Halloween party. They also give a military discount and participate the military set aside program.

Old 01-29-2008, 02:46 AM

27 posts, read 109,459 times
Yeah, after looking at the Brenneman Farm website, I thought they were probably expensive since they didn't list any prices.
I lived at Waterfront for a year. There are older and newer apartments there. I lived in one of the newer ones. I believe the older apts. are toward the front entrance. They seemed smaller and only had a stackable washer and dryer. The newer one I lived in seemed larger, had a full size washer/dryer and a security system. I felt safe there especially with the security system. The neighborhoods across the road from the complex aren't good but I never had any problems. I lived in an apartment on the bottom that was half below ground. I would beware of these apartments. Water leaked into mine in the part that was below ground. Also, the window in my living room leaked when it rained. They worked on it a couple of times but I don't think they ever got it fixed. The maintenance people were fairly good about responding to calls.

Good Luck on the Search! I know it's tough. I'm doing the same thing now...looking for a place in D.C.

Old 02-02-2008, 06:08 AM

Spazkat9696

Thx for your reply!!
How much was the military discount?
Waterfront looks very nice! but the living looks kinda small, doesnt it?
I will think about them though!
I like their layout

Anyway Thanks alot!!

Old 02-02-2008, 06:14 AM

kacee1

Thanks for the reply!
Yeah, I will think of Waterfront then!
Can i ask one more thing?
Hows the neighborhood?

Does anybody have info of Shoreline, South lake and Summer station???
I would love to know those apartments too!!
If you know, please lemme know!! Thank you!

Old 02-02-2008, 07:02 PM

58 posts, read 211,639 times
Default Hey there!

Hey!
Sorry that I didn't see you start posting again. It seems like you are getting a lot of help. I will see if I can find out anything about those apartments for you.

Old 02-03-2008, 12:36 PM

27 posts, read 109,459 times
I lived at Waterfront from 2001-2002. The neighborhood was fine. I didn't have any problems while I was there.
I don't know anything about Shoreline's neighborhood or apartments, only the location. Shoreline will be a closer commute for your husband going to NOB (Norfolk Base).

Old 02-04-2008, 05:09 AM

VirginiaMommy

Thanks for the response again! and Thanks for serching for me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area