Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2015, 04:05 AM

998 posts, read 1,249,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainDweller View Post
And this ^ is more the reason to avoid Southern Virginia at all cost. Best of luck to you ChapelHill! I am leaving this "blessed bible belt" soon and all the more eager to do so after discovering opinions here on city-data!

p.s. Virginia does admittedly get better the further north you go. Richmond is a pretty nice spot, with an up and coming youthful scene. Avoid the military dense areas on the east coast if you can! Miami will suit you well, although I do fear much of it and the east coast will be under water in 20-30yrs. Cheers
whatever, such "blessed" crap dude ...the emerald city awaits....happy packing and don't look back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2015, 04:21 AM

867 posts, read 1,397,317 times
Quote:
And this ^ is more the reason to avoid Southern Virginia at all cost. Best of luck to you ChapelHill! I am leaving this "blessed bible belt" soon and all the more eager to do so after discovering opinions here on city-data!

p.s. Virginia does admittedly get better the further north you go. Richmond is a pretty nice spot, with an up and coming youthful scene. Avoid the military dense areas on the east coast if you can! Miami will suit you well, although I do fear much of it and the east coast will be under water in 20-30yrs. Cheers
This is southEastern Virginia, genius, not Southern VA...and I hope you and him avoid this place like the plague. I would never go trolling some place asking dumbazz questions or sniffing around knowing the place doesn't fit me just to make simpleminded remarks or mysteriously open up an account to whine and make asinine inquiries.

Old 06-18-2015, 02:26 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,350,572 times
Quote:

Isn't it California that's supposed to be under water? Not the east coast..... Never heard that logic before.

Old 06-18-2015, 10:08 PM

3,848 posts, read 9,322,033 times
To posters reading this in the future: this is the type of people residing in Hampton Roads. Miserable, "if you don't like it here, LEAVE!" type people. The blinders are on and they ain't comin' off any time soon. If you're happy with what the area offers, by all means move down. If you want more out of life, look some place else, because this area isn't changing any time soon.

Delussions- No, not CA. A little thing called Global Warming...

Old 06-18-2015, 10:33 PM

201 posts, read 291,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deluusions View Post
Isn't it California that's supposed to be under water? Not the east coast..... Never heard that logic before.
Is this sarcasm, or sadly ignorance? o.O

http://geology.com/sea-level-rise/

Old 06-18-2015, 10:48 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,350,572 times
Quote:
Calm down lol. I'm no geologist btw I saw the San Andreas movie which skewed my opinion I guess lol.

Old 06-18-2015, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1 View Post
To posters reading this in the future: this is the type of people residing in Hampton Roads. Miserable, "if you don't like it here, LEAVE!" type people. The blinders are on and they ain't comin' off any time soon. If you're happy with what the area offers, by all means move down. If you want more out of life, look some place else, because this area isn't changing any time soon.

Delussions- No, not CA. A little thing called Global Warming...
The only MISERABLE people around here are people like you who seem to want to come chime in instead of leaving and staying GONE. You and people like you are the "miserable people" in Hampton Roads. And most of you miserable individuals come from some miserable place in the first place... which is why you wander around looking for somewhere else to exist other than your miserable homelands.

Old 06-19-2015, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 757Cities Southsider View Post
The only MISERABLE people around here are people like you who seem to want to come chime in instead of leaving and staying GONE. You and people like you are the "miserable people" in Hampton Roads. And most of you miserable individuals come from some miserable place in the first place... which is why you wander around looking for somewhere else to exist other than your miserable homelands.
I swear, you dig yourself and the areas reputation a bigger hole... This comment is the epitome of why the area is such a nasty an unfriendly place for one that does not fit in to the mold that the locals rally behind.

However! - I agree that leaving and staying gone is to ours, and others, best interest. When people come to the forums and ask for honest opinions of the area, in which we're living, or have lived, it is our obligation as city-data registrar's to shine our wisdom or opinion upon thee. I would imagine you could agree with that, as you so elegantly have given your opinion of our comment which disagree with your personal opinion of the area. This is what forum's are for! Keep the discussion civil boys and gals.

Cheers

Old 06-19-2015, 01:56 AM

Quote:
I swear, you dig yourself and the areas reputation a bigger hole... This comment is the epitome of why the area is such a nasty an unfriendly place for one that does not fit in to the mold that the locals rally behind.

However! - I agree that leaving and staying gone is to ours, and others, best interest. When people come to the forums and ask for honest opinions of the area, in which we're living, or have lived, it is our obligation as city-data registrar's to shine our wisdom or opinion upon thee. I would imagine you could agree with that, as you so elegantly have given your opinion of our comment which disagree with your personal opinion of the area. This is what forum's are for! Keep the discussion civil boys and gals.

Cheers
Nah, youre the prime example of a passive aggressive douche/troll. You come on here with your extensive post history, lmao... right behind another individual with a peculiar track record... and the grand hater of the HR forum, lookin for trouble. SMH. What are you doing here other than talking nonsense? Half of yalls so-called "wisdom" ..don't amount to a can of beans...yall just some miserable azz nobodies with nothing else to do with yourselves than troll.The place is already known to be laid back and friendly so all the nonsense about being an unfriendly place is nonsense. I however don't play that bllsht...so I don't care about whether certain whiney lying azz miserable folks think this is a nasty an unfriendly place because I want yall to GTFO anyway. That would be best, Id think.

Old 06-19-2015, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 757Cities Southsider View Post
Nah, youre the prime example of a passive aggressive douche/troll. You come on here with your extensive post history, lmao... right behind another individual with a peculiar track record... and the grand hater of the HR forum, lookin for trouble. SMH. What are you doing here other than talking nonsense? Half of yalls so-called "wisdom" ..don't amount to a can of beans...yall just some miserable azz nobodies with nothing else to do with yourselves than troll.The place is already known to be laid back and friendly so all the nonsense about being an unfriendly place is nonsense. I however don't play that bllsht...so I don't care about whether certain whiney lying azz miserable folks think this is a nasty an unfriendly place because I want yall to GTFO anyway. That would be best, Id think.
As much as I might dislike the area or recommend against living here for certain individuals who have diverse interests, you sir are a sad excuse for a human being. Your god gave you a brain to at least make good on utilizing the English language in a half way comprehensible format, and even that seems to be a chore for you. Ah well, I should let it go and not feed in to your so-called anti-troll routine. Post count means nothing by the way. I've seen the worst and the best out of the spectrum of senior vs. newbie forum accounts. I have no affiliation with the OP despite what sort of conspiracy theory you choose to peruse.

Cheers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area