Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2008, 01:35 PM

67 posts, read 229,387 times

Advertisements

looking for a good local wine- something from Williamsburg, perhaps?

$10-15 range. any suggestions are appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2008, 01:57 PM

2,040 posts, read 3,862,408 times
Govener's White and Two Shilling Red are both Williamsburg wines. They both are relativley sweet in my opinion. The Govener's White tastes like a Reisling to me. So if you are into sweeter wines then you would like these. Also there are some great wines from the Shenandoah area as well....I think Horton is one in particular. Virginia has some great wines. You might also want to check out the wine festival at Town Point Park in Norfolk this year and that is all VA wines!

Old 02-21-2008, 10:14 AM

1,408 posts, read 8,019,787 times
Default Governer's White = Reisling

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMERALDGIRL View Post
Govener's White and Two Shilling Red are both Williamsburg wines. They both are relativley sweet in my opinion. The Govener's White tastes like a Reisling to me. So if you are into sweeter wines then you would like these. Also there are some great wines from the Shenandoah area as well....I think Horton is one in particular. Virginia has some great wines. You might also want to check out the wine festival at Town Point Park in Norfolk this year and that is all VA wines!
Hey emeraldgirl, I just finished my very first bottle of Governer's white and I thought it tasted just like a reisling as well. I decided to treat it as a dessert wine and it was great. When is the wine festival?

Old 02-21-2008, 10:53 AM

2,040 posts, read 3,862,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfingatwork View Post
Hey emeraldgirl, I just finished my very first bottle of Governer's white and I thought it tasted just like a reisling as well. I decided to treat it as a dessert wine and it was great. When is the wine festival?
They just started having them twice a year....in May and in October. I am not sure of the exact days this year though. I would go to the one in October every year and I happened to be within walking distance to TP so it was great that I did not have to drive! It's on Saturday and Sunday....I always liked going on Sundays because it wasn't as crowded as Sat. I think Lewis McGhee plays music every year too and he is pretty good.

Old 02-21-2008, 11:04 AM

Default Wine festival!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMERALDGIRL View Post
They just started having them twice a year....in May and in October. I am not sure of the exact days this year though. I would go to the one in October every year and I happened to be within walking distance to TP so it was great that I did not have to drive! It's on Saturday and Sunday....I always liked going on Sundays because it wasn't as crowded as Sat. I think Lewis McGhee plays music every year too and he is pretty good.
This is very exciting. Hubby and I just moved to VA. James City County (not far from Williamsburg Winery actually). We'll have to visit both festivals. Thanks.

Old 02-21-2008, 02:52 PM

67 posts, read 229,387 times
thanks a lot! I bought some governor's white last night... I'm pregnant, but I'm mailing the wine off to some friends... hopefully they like it!

Old 02-21-2008, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerlane1981 View Post
thanks a lot! I bought some governor's white last night... I'm pregnant, but I'm mailing the wine off to some friends... hopefully they like it!
If they like reislings they'll love it. I'm not a big white wine drinker but I did enjoy this bottle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area