Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 07:48 PM

5 posts, read 11,033 times

Advertisements

We recently moved here in November and found the base housing to be down right deplorable. The schools are great and home prices in the York district are ridiculous but you can find great rentals for great prices much nicer than the base housing and cheaper than your BAH. We found a really nice town home in Poquoson $500 less than our BAH. We love the area and look forward to hopefully buying someday when sellers get their heads out of the clouds and quit dreaming!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2009, 07:29 PM

2 posts, read 5,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danno1991 View Post
We recently moved here in November and found the base housing to be down right deplorable. The schools are great and home prices in the York district are ridiculous but you can find great rentals for great prices much nicer than the base housing and cheaper than your BAH. We found a really nice town home in Poquoson $500 less than our BAH. We love the area and look forward to hopefully buying someday when sellers get their heads out of the clouds and quit dreaming!!!!!
Danno1991,

I'm a Real Estate agent in the York, Newport News and poquoson area. I would have to somwha agree with you. Some sellers in the area, still think that it is a sellers market and therefore connot sell their properties. But there are numerous sellers that know what kind of market it is and are offering all kind of concesions. All of my buyer clients are getting incredible deals lately, from low price, to closing cost assistance and sometime even free appliances, such as washer, dryers and TV's. All of this on top of the free $8,000 tax credit the government is giving and the extra low interest, this is the best time to buy.

Old 04-07-2009, 04:56 PM

6 posts, read 11,420 times
Ive never lived in bethel but have visited it. They look nice- not extravagant but nice. The woman complained of hearing neighbors and parking is a bit packed. Room for about one or two cars- one in front of the other, otherwise you have to park on the side of the road if you can find an empty spot. We have and will continue to live in off base apartments. We look for less then Bah but decent and good areas- preferably newport news for us due to we like to be near all the stores and yorktown stores. That way we can use BAH to pay our rent ( preferable apartment with some paid utilites) and use BAH to pay electric and cable/phone/internet. which is about 300 or so all together.

Old 04-10-2009, 06:38 PM

50 posts, read 150,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRivera337 View Post
Danno1991,

I'm a Real Estate agent in the York, Newport News and poquoson area. I would have to somwha agree with you. Some sellers in the area, still think that it is a sellers market and therefore connot sell their properties. But there are numerous sellers that know what kind of market it is and are offering all kind of concesions. All of my buyer clients are getting incredible deals lately, from low price, to closing cost assistance and sometime even free appliances, such as washer, dryers and TV's. All of this on top of the free $8,000 tax credit the government is giving and the extra low interest, this is the best time to buy.
$8K is for first time buyers only- if you have owned a house in the past 3 years you are out of luck.

From what I've seen nothing much is selling in Poquoson and York county is ridiculously overpriced. We'd love to buy a house there but for $350K the houses are just junk- not well kept or small lots- I'm starting to wonder if there's some sort of hallucinogenic drug in the air in Yorktown making people think their houses are worth nearly double what they should be. Poquoson is a really great little town though.

Back to the subject.......... AHRN has some great deals- we ended up getting an awesome rental from another military person and negotiated the price down. You could always take your BAH and go that route.

Old 04-13-2010, 10:45 AM

22 posts, read 90,144 times
BUMP!

It looks like we are headed to Langley, sometime in June. I've been attempting to do some research on the housing but can't find too much on the NEW/Rennovated Bether Manor homes.

Does anyone have any current information or pics? I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!!

Old 04-14-2010, 03:09 PM

371 posts, read 1,191,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim2k214 View Post
BUMP!

It looks like we are headed to Langley, sometime in June. I've been attempting to do some research on the housing but can't find too much on the NEW/Rennovated Bether Manor homes.

Does anyone have any current information or pics? I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!!
https://langley.pinnaclefamilyhousing.com/

Here you go. This new housing area looks AMAZING! I live just down the street from the housing area and have been passing it almost daily checking out the building progress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area