Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 05:55 PM

7,189 posts, read 6,811,802 times

Advertisements

I know quite a few people over there that would flip their **** if this comes to fruition!

Wegmans eyes Newport News airport land for first Hampton Roads location - Daily Press
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2016, 10:22 PM

1,185 posts, read 1,502,052 times
Just what that area needs, another grocery store!

How many are there now in that section off of Jefferson?

Farm Fresh, Wal-Mart, Whole Foods, Fresh Market, Costco, and Trader Joe's are all in like a 2 mile radius of that location.

Old 03-20-2016, 06:29 PM

2,825 posts, read 6,889,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockdev View Post

How many are there now in that section off of Jefferson?

Farm Fresh, Wal-Mart, Whole Foods, Fresh Market, Costco, and Trader Joe's are all in like a 2 mile radius of that location.

Sweetie, Wegs is not just a grocery store- its the disneyfication of food shopping. I go there for dates its so awesome and fun. When I'm in NN, I usually shop at FoodLion in Denbigh and get specialty items at Harris Teeter down Warwick. I have all the shopping you mention above in FFX County but I drive 20 mins and pass many supermarkets to get to Wegmans. Its Fabulous!! ps go get a job there- consistently ranked in the top 100 places to work in the US by Forbes.

Old 03-20-2016, 07:39 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,654,132 times
Wegman's would be a fabulous addition. I only went to one once but you could spend all day in that place. It's that much fun! It has little restaurants and every kind of food you could think of. And it's beautiful too.

Old 04-01-2016, 12:32 PM

1 posts, read 1,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leighland View Post
Sweetie, Wegs is not just a grocery store- its the disneyfication of food shopping. I go there for dates its so awesome and fun. When I'm in NN, I usually shop at FoodLion in Denbigh and get specialty items at Harris Teeter down Warwick. I have all the shopping you mention above in FFX County but I drive 20 mins and pass many supermarkets to get to Wegmans. Its Fabulous!! ps go get a job there- consistently ranked in the top 100 places to work in the US by Forbes.
I hope you are correct about Wegmans. They just had meeting with our neighborhood and will be opening here in 2018.

Old 04-05-2016, 10:17 AM

605 posts, read 1,258,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilncreek View Post
I hope you are correct about Wegmans. They just had meeting with our neighborhood and will be opening here in 2018.
Oh, Lordie ! I wish Wegmans would come to Brunswick County, NC ! We live in Southern NJ and this has to be the best shopping experience EVER! I have written the company several times begging them to come further South!! Right now it looks like when we move in two years I will be driving to Raleigh for WEgmans, or loading up when I drive back north every several months to see my kids and grandkids !! YES, that is how much people who shop at Wegmans LOVE Wegmans. It's totally unlike anything you have ever experienced before!! We actually go to dinner there every week!!! awesome !!

Old 04-08-2016, 05:31 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missynancy View Post
Oh, Lordie ! I wish Wegmans would come to Brunswick County, NC ! We live in Southern NJ and this has to be the best shopping experience EVER! I have written the company several times begging them to come further South!! Right now it looks like when we move in two years I will be driving to Raleigh for WEgmans, or loading up when I drive back north every several months to see my kids and grandkids !! YES, that is how much people who shop at Wegmans LOVE Wegmans. It's totally unlike anything you have ever experienced before!! We actually go to dinner there every week!!! awesome !!

Maybe they will. They're set to build their first store in NC (Cary). And, yes, they're still moving forward with it.

Old 05-11-2016, 06:21 AM

7,189 posts, read 6,811,802 times
Wegmans is running into some resistance from Newport News.

Newport News City Council votes against land use change for Wegmans | WAVY-TV

Old 05-11-2016, 07:44 AM

21,020 posts, read 27,221,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockdev View Post
Lakeland, Florida-based supermarket Publix is entering Virginia with two stores in Bristol (2017) and Glen Allen (2018). It is another grocer that could make its way into the Hampton Roads area.

Old 05-11-2016, 07:48 AM

21,020 posts, read 27,221,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missynancy View Post
Oh, Lordie ! I wish Wegmans would come to Brunswick County, NC!
Supermarket Publix and limited assortment/discount grocer Aldi have stores in the works in Brunswick County, North Carolina.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area