U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2008, 08:59 PM

1 posts, read 3,440 times

Advertisements

i'm a nurse moving to yorktown around late may/early june. i have 2 small children and am looking for a single family home preferably with a yard of some kind. i have been scouring craigslist.com, and researched several of the property management sites. can anyone tell me anything about the elementary schools there, also does anyone know of any other way to find a rental around or below $1300? thanks for any and all help!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2008, 07:58 AM

29 posts, read 139,461 times
You could also call a REALTOR to get a list of anything listed in the MLS. It lists as mostly single family homes and are not often advertised anywhere else. As for what's available, you probably won't find a single family under $1300 in York County or Poquoson. Check out areas of Newport News, looking for those within Menchville or Warwick HS districts. Of course, it's all subjective, but I hear good things about the elementary schools in those zones. I encourage you to call and/or visit the schools.

Old 04-10-2008, 03:54 PM

1 posts, read 3,345 times
Default rental house

Hi
If you are still looking for a house I might be renting mine out the first part of June I live in Poquoson big fenced yard with a pool and screen house it is a small 4 bed room down a dirt lane like you are in the country, I will be asking $1500. if Interested let me know

Old 04-10-2008, 05:43 PM

25,860 posts, read 38,017,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbella126 View Post
i'm a nurse moving to yorktown around late may/early june. i have 2 small children and am looking for a single family home preferably with a yard of some kind. i have been scouring craigslist.com, and researched several of the property management sites. can anyone tell me anything about the elementary schools there, also does anyone know of any other way to find a rental around or below $1300? thanks for any and all help!
actually in 04 i lived in a 3 bed 2 1/2 bth end unit townhome with a small yard in Yorkshire Downs which is South York County. The rent was $1050 no utilities but i'll bet prices have gone up since 04. The school there was Tabb Elementary which is a high quality school.

Some places i'd suggest are Bellegrade and Michael's Woods in Hampton, the areas that pbmulligan said in NN, or Southern York County. $1300 will likely put you in a quality townhome not a SFH.

Old 04-10-2008, 06:25 PM

798 posts, read 2,599,444 times
If you can swing the $1500, I would check out that place in Poquoson. It is small town but safe and family friendly..

Old 03-03-2011, 05:01 PM

1 posts, read 1,688 times
We have a home that will be available around the same time you need one. It's located in the Harwood's Mill section which is a beautiful neighborhood. The home has three bedrooms and 2.5 baths on an acre of property. It also has an attached Mother In law one bedroom apartment. It's a brick rancher with a two car garage and double carport. Rent will be $1350 and renter will be responsible for all utilities and yard work. Schools in this area are some of the BEST-walk to the elementary school, Grafton Bethel and buses provide for Middle School and High School.

Old 03-04-2011, 11:40 AM

1,185 posts, read 3,710,774 times
I would connect ASAP with LVLinda, thats a great rental rate for the area. Grafton Bethel is one of the highest ranking Elem schools in the area..

Old 06-09-2012, 07:09 PM

5 posts, read 5,098 times
I am looking for a nice furnished garage apartment/cottage or 1 bedroom unit for my husband to live in mid June 2012 for 6 months to a year. He is stationed in the Oyster Point, Fort Eustice area for a military assignment. We are looking for something in a nice neighborhood. Our family is staying behind in Texas and I would like for him to have a nice place to live.

Old 06-10-2012, 02:53 PM

71 posts, read 147,065 times
Kiln Creek (Newport News) has an apartment complex named Featherstone. It has short term rentals. This is just minutes to Ft Eustis and is at the Oyster Point area (depending which entrance/exit used). I am not sure if they offer furnished apartments but maybe you could look into one of the furniture rental stores (Aaron's, etc).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area