Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2008, 07:35 PM

28 posts, read 94,486 times

Advertisements

My hubby is working on one of the bases in Norfolk. Not sure exactly which one. Not even sure how many there are . We are looking for an apartment 1 or 2 bedroom in a quiet neighborhood. Don't want to be too far from grocery store etc but like small town environment. Were looking to spend up to $750. Dont mind commuting up to 40 mins. Less than 30 would be fantastic. have a baby on the way and just want to feel as safe as possible since i am moving from mass and this is our first baby. I'm not worried about schools and such right now since i don't know if we will be there two years from now. ive been looking on craigslist and its hard to try and find somewhere without knowing anything about the area. we found out that we have to be there around mid may so time is running short. Pls help if any input.

Thanks in advance!

p.s For another posting cake over pie unless its strawberry rhubarb pie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2008, 09:38 PM

150 posts, read 575,115 times
I love your name! We have a pug ourselves named Ethel... best little dogs.

Anyways, to help you with your question... Im looking for apartments myself in the Hampton Roads area. If you have Microsoft Excel, give me your email address and I will send you this file I made of the better Hampton Roads apartments that matched my criteria of safety, price, what past residents think about the place, the sex offenders nearby, price per square foot of the apartment... all kinds of things.

I'm visiting VA next week to look at some apartments, pick out the best one and turn in my application. Just let me know, thanks! Might be quicker if you email me @ PChildres@gmail.com I check that more often then this message board.

Old 05-07-2008, 10:57 AM

3,507 posts, read 13,405,788 times
Hampton Roads, Chesapeake and Virginia Beach Real Estate. Military Relocation

Old 05-08-2008, 06:00 PM

28 posts, read 94,486 times
Do you know any helpful sites that help others besides military families. My husband is not in the military. i have been searching Craigs list and not much help there. Also we got a number for a relocating services. Paid the $150 and then we find out that they only give you a list of apartments and those apartments are all apartment buildings which i have already come across. so a waste of money which we really don't have to waste (not that many others do either)! When it comes to apartment building I'm just worried we will move into a sketchy one and be stuck there! Know of any decent (lacking sketchy people and bugs ( ive seen reviews and they scare me)) apartment buildings in the $600 range?

Old 05-08-2008, 06:45 PM

3,507 posts, read 13,405,788 times
go thru realtors...William E. Wood, prudential/decker...check em' out. 600 won't get you much. The studios run about 800.00 in nice areas.

Old 05-09-2008, 07:16 PM

136 posts, read 513,995 times
Hello. First I want to mention that we love this area and are very happy about our decision to move here from Pennsylvania. My family and I relocated here two years ago under the same situation. I had no idea where to search. I looked online at the apartment guide and looked at the apartment ratings website and went by the places with the least amount of complaints. We were satisfied with the place we rented until we bought our home. All rentals around here get bad comments because most people who post on those sites are angry or unhappy about something. I recommend paying up to $800 a month in order to get into a decent place. Check out places in Virginia Beach only, maybe some in Chesapeake, and stay away from Green Run area in Virginia Beach. And always stay away from Emerald Regency apartments(I think that is the name) I heard they are the getto. If you google police reports online Virginia Beach and do a neighborhood search and type in that particular apartment community or subdivision it will give you all the crimes in that area. It is a great tool for understanding which areas are a little safer. There is crime in all areas but some are definately safer. This is a highly populated area and is fairly safe considering the size. I hope this helps.
Good luck!

Old 12-28-2008, 03:47 PM

7 posts, read 14,535 times
Default Apt. in Virginia Beach

I have been in an apartment complex a year and a half, but am having to move to Nashville with my recording career. I need to sublet my 2bdroom, 1 bath apartment as soon as possible. I need to move to Nashville in January. It has washer and dryer, nice area, safe, 3 minutes to Virginia Beach, and my boyfriend works with the military. Call me if you are interested and I can get you more information. The lease is now (January) thru May, so you have the option to renew or move into something you find you like better. A good situation to help you learn the area.

Old 12-28-2008, 03:55 PM

7 posts, read 14,535 times
Default About apt in Virginia Beach

Sorry, I just realized the date on your post as May 2008. Its now December, however, if you know of anyone needing a short term lease until they decide otherwise, please give them my e-mail. I know that the military moves people around a lot. Thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area