Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2008, 03:12 PM

430 posts, read 1,174,721 times

Advertisements

We will be coming to the area. My husband just took a job in Suffolk and I have been looking for both homes or rooms to rent as I will not be joining him for a month. His boss told him to look in Isle Of Wright, Carrollton, Smithfield. Are these cities or Counties. I found a few homes in the Smithfield News but what kind of areas are these. Are they in Suffolk. Also he was told to look around Us 10. This is great if you knew the area. My husband is coming in on Wednesday. He doesn't have a place to stay. The company said they would pay for 5 nights in a hotel. Would you advise him to do that and then get some local papers and get a room for a few weeks or find a home. I don't know the area and I don't want to live in a area that isn't safe. He needs to live 20-30 miles from the Suffolk area , he works outside and will be on call. HELP PLEASE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2008, 03:53 PM

328 posts, read 1,540,067 times
YES AGAIN GET THE VIRGINIAN-PILOT. ALSO HERE IS YOUR OTHER IDENTICAL THREADS SO IF YOU RE-READ YOU WILL FIND YOUR ANSWER. ALSO I THOUGHT HE WAS COMING IN THIS PAST SUNDAY? AND BEFORE YOU SAID HE TOOK A JOB IN MINNESOTA!! FYI YOU HAVE POSTED THIS QUESTION IN THIS FORUM AT LEAST 3 TIMES ...

//www.city-data.com/forum/hampt...some-help.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/north...ricksburg.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/michi...-michigan.html

Last edited by BikesareBetter; 06-16-2008 at 04:17 PM..

Old 06-16-2008, 06:24 PM

So what if I did. How rude, don't respond if it is going to put you out. Not that I should have to say anything but like others I ask questions. I sure wouldn't respond to people if they post on my state Michigan.by throwing how many times they might have asked the same question or where. My husband was working in Minnesota as was offered two jobs by the same company a week ago one in Fredericksburg and one in Suffolk. He took the one in Sulffolk because it was a Supervisor job and the pay was better. I hope you are not a refection of the people who live in Virginia. The ones we have spoke to are helpful and understand that we are new to the state and confused as moving out of state is a very hard thing to do. I know a lot about Michigan and I can say that if anyone would need my help to move here( I wouldn't advise it) I would help and not be rude.

Old 06-16-2008, 06:33 PM

Eeek. I understand you are new and we are here to help. I was new here at some point too. I thought maybe you had forgotten you had posted several times before so I directed to you to your links. There was a lot of good helpful information in those. Also, most everyone I have encountered here is really nice. So no worries and be safe with your eventual move

Last edited by BikesareBetter; 06-16-2008 at 06:42 PM..

Old 06-16-2008, 06:59 PM

I 'm sorry if I judge you as rude. I know people all over are loosing jobs and having a hard time. Here in Michigan it has been really hard. GM plants are closing and even if you don't work for them it will hurt you anyway. We have had a hard time. We never in our life thought we would leave this state and our family to just get a job. It still seems so unreal to just say that. My Dad was born in Virginia and came to Michigan for work years ago. Your area is very big. We moved to the country about 16 years ago, 20 miles from where we grew up. Our 15 year old son goes to a High School with 500 kids. Cows live down the street. I know that my husbands boss is trying to help but I don't know where US 10 is. I have been on here and on the Craig List and I really haven't heard of the areas that I listed in my original post. My husband did call a few homes for rent and the people were very kind and it sounds like the area is a little less populated. I will go back and revisit the other post. I certainly didn't mean to repeat myself and bother people with the same questions. My husband comes in on Wednesday as it was very stressful to get him out of Minnesota as the Amtrak cancelled trains because of the floodings. He got home yesterday and leaves tomorrow by bus for Virginia. Hopefully the Lord will guide us to where we are suppose to be, until then it is very hard.

Old 06-16-2008, 07:24 PM

Hey its OK. Good looking out. I am hearing what you say on the Economy being awful. But remember to keep your chin up and it is what you make of it

OK and VA-10 dear? There is VA-10/VA-32 that goes towards Smithfield/Newport News. Godwin Boulevard.
Like I will use the Suffolk Department of Social Services as a reference. Note how you get there is via VA-10/VA-32
DCSE District Offices - Virginia Department of Social Services

Also here is this from Mapquest --> Map of 2300 Godwin Blvd Suffolk, VA by MapQuest

Note where it it says 10 on the map

Last edited by BikesareBetter; 06-16-2008 at 07:33 PM..

Old 04-28-2012, 06:48 PM

1 posts, read 1,700 times
hello i live in smithfield there a few houses in the Smithfield times. im loking to move from the appt. Morris creek landing try them 757-357-0102 Vita is here name. Good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area