Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2008, 08:43 AM

65 posts, read 210,405 times

Advertisements

I was wondering as we are moving to the area but haven't found a place yet. Is there a lot of Lutheran Churches in your area? There of course are differebt synods for Lutheran.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2008, 08:49 AM

3,507 posts, read 13,404,783 times
Yepper! We are on the cusp of the bible belt, so whether you're Unitarian, Presbyterian, Catholic, Lutheran or Episcopalian, we have plenty of churches!

Old 06-23-2008, 01:21 PM

328 posts, read 1,535,610 times
Welcome to Faith Lutheran Church

...Google It

Old 06-25-2008, 09:15 AM

17 posts, read 64,446 times
Default Lutheran Churches in Hampton Roads

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsfan4 View Post
I was wondering as we are moving to the area but haven't found a place yet. Is there a lot of Lutheran Churches in your area? There of course are differebt synods for Lutheran.
We have moved a lot and often use The Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod - to locate a new church when needed. Once we find one that is near where we're looking, my husband usually calls to speak with the Pastor directly and asked some specific questions to help us learn about the doctrine & practices of that particular congregation. As you probably know, there are differences - even within the Synods these days.

When we first moved here, we thought we'd be living in Wburg, so we attended King of Glory (off Lightfoot Road, near Ford's Colony and Windsor Forest). We felt very welcomed there. We then attended Emmanuel Lutheran in Hampton, which we also liked. Ultimately, we decided on Bethlehem Lutheran Church at 1100 W. Grace Street in Richmond. It's in the Fan District if you know where that is, near VCU. It is a traditional, liturgical church with a wonderful Pastor. We actually met him for the first time when our oldest son was hospitalized unexpectedly for a serious illness. That Pastor made every effort to reach out to our family and we've just really enjoyed all the opportunities for Outreach in Richmond. It's only about 15 minutes from our home in Quinton (we ended up buying in Patriot's Landing to be closer to my husband's work and still equidistant to all the things we love to do both near the Coast and North of us).

We wish you well finding a new church home, but are sure you will. There are many other Lutheran churches in the area, these are just the three we happen to know best.

Old 06-25-2008, 03:32 PM

65 posts, read 210,405 times
That is what our church is as well here Missouri. I'm not a chuch changer. I only changed churched 15 years ago because we moved 30 mins away from the church we went to and wanted our kids in the church school. Since then we are using public schools. Before we changed churched I went to that church was birth and went to their church school as well. Lutheran churches as a rule here are tradional, We have one service that has modern music. I like that one. I 'm just looking fir a friendly church and a good pastor that can prech a sermon without putting the church to sleep. I been there. It is at those times that I would love someone to get up and start singing, dancing and jumping around. Sometimes I feel as Lutherans we need to move more. On some Sundays it may just wake people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area