Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 05:26 PM

32 posts, read 92,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~seasoul~ View Post
Since you go to strip clubs to "support" the strippers and ensure they go home with some $$ - make sure you ask them if they actually get to keep the dollar bills. The vast majority of clubs have "den mothers", older women hired to collect all the cash from the girls behind the scenes and make sure they don't go home with too much. The club owner takes a big cut.

Think of strip clubs like pimps and hookers without the penetration (usually). When you tip the strippers (prostitutes), your money actually ends up in the hands of the club owner (pimp) to be divided as he sees fit. It is a lovely industry. Good for you for supporting it. Do-gooders like you are what makes America such a great country.
My wife used to be a waitress back in NY. All the tips were collected, taxed, and redistributed (with the house taking a cut). Was a bogus set up indeed, but prostitution it was not. Only difference was they wore clothes.

We all understand what REAL prostitution is....and it is not a girl dancing in a bikini.

Aside from that, I just think that most strippers have great personalities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2012, 12:41 PM

543 posts, read 999,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Club Velvet is closed and the owner was just sentenced to jail for I think 7 years...
But Billy P. and Mike D. (the owners of Candy Bar, End Zone, Daddy's Rabbits and Pure Pleasure) bough it and it's now Club Rouge.

Old 01-26-2012, 12:53 PM

543 posts, read 999,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~seasoul~ View Post
Since you go to strip clubs to "support" the strippers and ensure they go home with some $$ - make sure you ask them if they actually get to keep the dollar bills. The vast majority of clubs have "den mothers", older women hired to collect all the cash from the girls behind the scenes and make sure they don't go home with too much. The club owner takes a big cut.

Think of strip clubs like pimps and hookers without the penetration (usually). When you tip the strippers (prostitutes), your money actually ends up in the hands of the club owner (pimp) to be divided as he sees fit. It is a lovely industry. Good for you for supporting it. Do-gooders like you are what makes America such a great country.

Wow, you sure are extremely wrong!!!!!!

Dancers are independent contractors; in other words, we are small businesses and we do pay a fee to work (think of it as the way dancers pay their taxes). Depending on the club's earning potential, the gross earnings from that night, or a combination of both, we pay a fee. In Virginia and NC is no bigger than 50 dollars (the most I had paid for a house fee was 30 dollars, but the earning potential was big, so in the end I was paying about 12% of the earnings). This fee is tax deductible, and it usually never goes above the 15% of the total earnings of the night. The same for the dances; the money that is taken from a private dance is for the dancer's use of the facility. This, like the house fee, is also tax deductible; also, depending on the type of dance, clubs keep up to 33%. In the end, the dancer gets the bigger laugh, since they get back ridiculous tax returns (I didn't make a lot of dancing because I have a vanilla job and I dance like twice a week, but I am getting back over 15K); well, at least the dancers that file taxes since outfits, make up, shoes, food, car, plastic surgery, hair products, etc ARE ALL BUSINESS EXPENSES AND BECAUSE OF THAT THEY ARE TAX DEDUCTIBLES.

In other words; the clubs aren't always the bad guys. Dancers getting so much back on taxes is the real reason why so many people are opposed to this type of work.

Old 02-09-2015, 07:42 PM

1 posts, read 3,294 times
If you wanted to hire a girl to come to your personal house to dance nude is that illegal?

Old 02-15-2015, 05:51 AM

6,509 posts, read 8,453,043 times
Virginia doesn't allow much. Better in Washington DC, Maryland. Although as many have stated, it is at your own risk, but that's anywhere those type of establishments are sketchy never really know what to expect when you go there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area