Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2008, 12:53 PM

154 posts, read 291,300 times

Advertisements

Hi there. Can anyone reccomend a reliable company to help me unload my moving van? I am moving to Virginia Beach in 2 weeks.
Thanks so much in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2008, 02:44 PM

3,507 posts, read 13,458,021 times
Need more info....are you renting it and if you are, from whom?

Old 07-29-2008, 03:23 PM

Hi Erma, I'm renting a van from Penske, who in turn reccomended Mover Staffers on the unload. I have not had a chance to check them out yet, although the website bill rate was steep.

On the loading end I have an enthusiastic bunch of high school juniors on the project. They are energetic, hard-working and strong, plus thrilled to help for $10 an hour each. What luck!

I'm saving 2k doing the move myself. That's a big chunk of change. Anyhow, having a reliable group on the unload is a big deal to me. Your reccomendations are greatly appreciated.

Old 07-30-2008, 09:40 AM

Wherever Penske has you dropping the van off after moving, call them and ask them to recommend an off loading company or group to you. Alot of these places know people/companies that do that sort of thing. We onloaded/offloaded ourselves and I'll never do it again. We had a 14 foot u-haul with nothing but boxes. We hired a company to move the furniture thank goodness.

Old 07-31-2008, 11:47 AM

The local Penske Rep gave me 3 solid referrals. That was great advice, Erma.

Major snaps for unloading the 14 footer yourself. I'd have to seriously train for that gig. I just took a look at the truck I'm driving and am so grateful to have the off-load professionals helping me on the other side of the move.

Now that all the loose ends are wrapped, there's only one more thing to say:

Yay! I'm moving to Virginia Beach!

Old 07-31-2008, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnny View Post
The local Penske Rep gave me 3 solid referrals. That was great advice, Erma.

Major snaps for unloading the 14 footer yourself. I'd have to seriously train for that gig. I just took a look at the truck I'm driving and am so grateful to have the off-load professionals helping me on the other side of the move.

Now that all the loose ends are wrapped, there's only one more thing to say:

Yay! I'm moving to Virginia Beach!
Welcome! Which area do you plan to settle?

Old 07-31-2008, 09:49 PM

I'm actually not sure what my neighborhood is called. I'm in 23451 and a lot closer to the bay than the strip. There is a Ben and Jerry's within jogging distance.

Thanks for the welcome. I'm so excited about moving to Virginia Beach, I can not stop smiling.

Old 08-01-2008, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnny View Post
I'm actually not sure what my neighborhood is called. I'm in 23451 and a lot closer to the bay than the strip. There is a Ben and Jerry's within jogging distance.

Thanks for the welcome. I'm so excited about moving to Virginia Beach, I can not stop smiling.
Awesome! You will enjoy being near the bay. We like chicks beach alot and the fishing is fun as well. When you get here and scope things out, you will find many things alot closer than you imagine!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
View detailed profiles of: