Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 07:16 PM

4 posts, read 26,987 times

Advertisements

I just have a quick vent. Maybe I am out of line here but I work hard all day. My hubby does to. But I have a problem with him coming home and flopping in HIS chair for the night. Me on the other hand is expected to continue to work making his dinner,serving his dinner and doing the dishes. Why do men think that women don't get tired to and want to relax?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2008, 02:26 AM

3,507 posts, read 13,451,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acashia View Post
I just have a quick vent. Maybe I am out of line here but I work hard all day. My hubby does to. But I have a problem with him coming home and flopping in HIS chair for the night. Me on the other hand is expected to continue to work making his dinner,serving his dinner and doing the dishes. Why do men think that women don't get tired to and want to relax?
LOL..well, sometimes it's our way of getting rid of our day. I know I enjoy cooking. If you have a dishwasher, show him how to use it or make a deal (this is our normal routine), one cooks, the other does the dishes and cleans up.

Old 11-20-2008, 07:22 AM

324 posts, read 1,138,604 times
I have a good one that helps me out. However, there have been times when I've felt frustrated because he's on the couch and I'm still up doing stuff. I think it's like a "mommy" mentality.

Old 11-20-2008, 07:31 AM

3,255 posts, read 5,079,296 times
Personally, I would stop for take out and sit on the couch too.

Old 11-21-2008, 02:51 AM

4 posts, read 26,987 times
Thank you! That was all I was looking for.

Old 11-21-2008, 04:41 AM

8,826 posts, read 15,317,133 times
Yep, don't lump us all in the same pile. The other guys give us a bad name! My wife will tell you she hasn't cleaned a bathroom in the 14 years we have been married. But they do get cleaned.
Let's take one afternoon for example: I pick up my son after school, take him to piano lessons. We are a little early, so I have him get started on his homework, help him with the math. Wait a 1/2 hour in the car working on a quiz for my students (I teach Elem.), take him home. I get home and get dinner started, empty the dishwasher, wife comes home, dinner is ready.
Just tootin' my own horn!

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 03-05-2009 at 07:57 AM..

Old 11-21-2008, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgbwc View Post
Yep, don't lump us all in the same pile. The other guys give us a bad name! My wife will tell you she hasn't cleaned a bathroom in the 14 years we have been married. But they do get cleaned.
Let's take one afternoon for example: I pick up my son after school, take him to piano lessons. We are a little early, so I have him get started on his homework, help him with the math. Wait a 1/2 hour in the car working on a quiz for my students (I teach Elem.), take him home. I get home and get dinner started, empty the dishwasher, wife comes home, dinner is ready.
You keep tootin'...you're a good hubby!

Old 11-21-2008, 07:17 AM
NJR

236 posts, read 1,031,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acashia View Post
Acashia,
It's not that men don't think women get tired and want to relax, it's that we are selfish, we don't realize it, or we don't care. I tell you this from experience as I have have one ex wife under my belt. You sound like you are young and recently married (under 5 years). In my 1st marriage at 22 I did nothing around the house except cut the lawn. We both worked at office jobs and got home around the same time but when I got home I was "tired". I would get a glass form the kitchen & leave the cabinet open. I would open a band aid and leave the wrapper on the sink. She even went as far as to go on strike and did nothing. I didn't respond. Needless to say that we did not last long.

Being creatures of habit my "attitude" did not change my ways in my next marriage. but my current wife took a different approach. She divided the workload at home since we both work. She cooks, I do dishes. She does laundry, I vacuum the house. etc. When I would slip & "forget" she would make sure that we had guests at the house who would see the mess. Basically the embarassment blackmail.

It took a while but I came around. My attitude change came after my the 6 year old gave me his words of wisdom...He said "Dad, do what Mom says. Happy wife, Happy life". Those words struck a cord in me & I realized my son was smarter than me.

Now retired, I still share the housework and we still agrue a lot less than we did at first.

Good luck

Old 11-21-2008, 07:45 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,167,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgbwc View Post
Of course I shan't lump all guys in a pile. I'm the daughter of a single father. A friend of mine has a truck driver dad. Another friend's dad ran away from his five children when she was young. There are many different types of fathers in just this area!

As for some advice to the OP, why not talk to him about his actions? He may not realize that his actions are upsetting you.

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 03-05-2009 at 07:57 AM.. Reason: Removed now-deleted comment

Old 11-21-2008, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuharai View Post
As for some advice to the OP, why not talk to him about his actions? He may not realize that his actions are upsetting you.
or cut him off! Oh yea, that's the other "blackmail" exercise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area