Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 02:34 AM

94 posts, read 210,120 times

Advertisements

This state wouldn't be so bad, if all drivers would just take a break slowing down and going the speed limit for a change. My ONLY guess, "why are drivers so aggressive here" is "Life is just to short" to slow down, take it easy, or even go out for dinner with their relationships. It would be a nice suggestion.

Also, it would be alittle bit better, if the state, could change the speed limit signs on the Interstate to a higher standard level. Especially for I-64, I-664, and I-264. Even change the HOV Lane Sign on I-264 W after Exit 16, no trucks on HOV Lane. Move the HOV Lane End sign 3 Miles back from the I-64 E Interchange. Again, it would be alittle bit better, especially for drivers wanting to merge onto I-64 E. If staying in the Left lane after Exit 16. Sorry about getting off topic. Another New Tread opened up.

Anyways, It sure is dangerous driving in this state. Insane drivers out on the roads, but if we didn't have them, we wouldn't have speeding tickets, alot less accidents, very few police protrolling, alot less spending money, etc... Thanks to the aggressive drivers, police have jobs, Economy is alittle better, Tow trucks companies making money for business, kinda like a circle of Life.

Of course, alot of accients could be prevented by those aggressive drivers..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2009, 04:38 PM

270 posts, read 486,284 times
Ooh I hate bad drivers! I have so many pet peeves...one of the worst is the lack of turn signals! I absolutely refuse to let people in who don't use them. And if they just whip in front of me, they get the horn and the lights! But not the finger...this place is way too ghetto. I'm too afraid someone will see my car (I have a memorable plate) somewhere and key it b/c I flicked them off. But I'm very nice and wave if someone lets me in, and I let people in front of me if they're polite. All I ask is that you use your turn signal, drive at decent speed, and don't tailgate! Oh, and a great thing to do if you're being tailgated is to slow waaaaaay down. Pisses them off in no time and they go around you, which they should have just done in the first place instead of being @ssh0les!

Old 09-01-2009, 04:53 PM

270 posts, read 486,284 times
Oh, and driving in the rain...it's the LAW that when your wipers are on, your lights better be too! Even if it's noon and it's light out. It's amazing how much it helps to be able to see tail lights when it's drizzly. If you're afraid to drive in the rain (I've been there, I had an accident when my car spun out b/c of a downpour), please stay in the right-hand lane or off the roads all together.

I had an almost-accident the other night when I was driving on Ferrell...I needed to get over in the right lane so I checked my mirrors several times looking for the car that I thought had been next to me. Didn't see it, thought I had passed it, so I put on my signal, started to get over, and got blasted by a horn! Problem was, the stupid people were driving in the dark w/their lights off-impossible for me to see in my mirrors! Arggghhh! I hope they felt as dumb as they looked...after I blinked my high beams at them a few dozen times, they finally got the point. Scary though, because as careful as I was trying to be, I could have easily crashed :/

Old 09-01-2009, 05:21 PM

4,515 posts, read 9,657,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sh2009 View Post
Ooh I hate bad drivers! I have so many pet peeves...one of the worst is the lack of turn signals! I absolutely refuse to let people in who don't use them. And if they just whip in front of me, they get the horn and the lights! But not the finger...this place is way too ghetto. I'm too afraid someone will see my car (I have a memorable plate) somewhere and key it b/c I flicked them off. But I'm very nice and wave if someone lets me in, and I let people in front of me if they're polite. All I ask is that you use your turn signal, drive at decent speed, and don't tailgate! Oh, and a great thing to do if you're being tailgated is to slow waaaaaay down. Pisses them off in no time and they go around you, which they should have just done in the first place instead of being @ssh0les!
I hear you. These people in the Hampton Roads does not know how to drive for anything. I only honk at the expressways because one day I honked at a person locally and then this guy followed me so I stop at a gas station. People does not know how to drive here, because the thing is to get a license here is extremely easy. So that's why. You know why there are tons of accidents here too? Because people does not know how to drive.

Yesterday I was driving. A guy went all the way from the right lane to the left lane where I was driving. He had the audacity to drive slow! It is insane. I mean why would he move to the left lane if he is going to drive so freaking slow? I honked at the guy.

I will tell another story. When I was going to Walmart. In the parking lot. The person was in front of me. He open so wide to park without signaling, I thought he was going to stop right there but no. He was going to park. I was so vexed at this. It's completely insane in the Hampton Roads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area