Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 03:58 PM

150 posts, read 577,381 times

Advertisements

I'm curious what boarding options I have up in Hampton Roads. Will be moving to Williamsburg in Feb and have no family or friends nearby. I want it to be a place where they do more then throw your dog in the cage, leave it overnight, come back in the morning to walk her and feed her, then put her back in the cage.

This one looks interesting.

its called Camp Bow Wow you can search for it on the net, but they offer live video feeds via webcams of your pets that you can access 24/7. And they have employees who care for the animals over night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2008, 04:25 AM

3,507 posts, read 13,454,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PChildres View Post
I'm curious what boarding options I have up in Hampton Roads. Will be moving to Williamsburg in Feb and have no family or friends nearby. I want it to be a place where they do more then throw your dog in the cage, leave it overnight, come back in the morning to walk her and feed her, then put her back in the cage.

This one looks interesting.

its called Camp Bow Wow you can search for it on the net, but they offer live video feeds via webcams of your pets that you can access 24/7. And they have employees who care for the animals over night.
Go there without an appointment and ask for a tour. Believe me, I am one of those pet owners that raise wholly hell if I feel my pet doesn't get the care she deserves. I've always felt money was no problem when it came to her, because my theory is, if I have the money to travel and we can't take her, she gets the best of everything. This is the reason we use Shipp's Corner in Virginia Beach on our side of the water. Our Canadian friends checked them out and leave their Westie there while they travel abroad and highly recommended them. We have been nothing but pleased with the care our little one gets when we have to take her there. The web cam options really give you the peace of mind.

Old 12-28-2008, 08:22 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,599,904 times
This is a great service.

Pet Sitting, Hampton, Newport News, Yorktown, Hampton Roads Va.Home

Old 12-29-2008, 11:42 PM

2,383 posts, read 6,058,366 times
We live in Williamsburg and I know several people who board their animals at the Jolly Pond Vet off of Longhill Road~in Williamsburg.
We personally prefer Gloucester Vet Clinic off Hwy 17 but it is out of the way.

Old 01-05-2009, 06:06 AM

62 posts, read 233,903 times
Default My dogs love HRM

Hi,

My dogs are part of my family and are treated to "camp" at Holly Ridge Manor Pet Resort. It is definitely more expensive than some of the other places, but I want my girls to look forward to going and they LOVE going here. They have a website that will show pictures of the facility and the "bedrooms" for the dogs, but I agree with another poster about showing up unannounced and asking for a tour. Go mid-week when they aren't as busy with pick up and drop offs, but you will be impressed! The website is hollyridgemanor.net . It is in Virginia Beach, but they will pick up for a fee. I like to take a ride into the country anyway, so I've never used that service. I have used HRM since they opened in 1997! You won't be disappointed!

Old 01-05-2009, 06:32 AM

1,477 posts, read 6,019,788 times
I also use Holly Ridge and have never had a problem but the cost can add up depending on what options you choose for your dog.........They do offer lots of outdoor times and have plenty of land/water areas for the dogs to play in, plus they offer special meals, late night potty breaks and one on one play times for dogs that like the extra exercise

Old 01-10-2009, 12:19 PM

21 posts, read 105,016 times
Well this is in va beach, not williamsburg but I recommend Thee Dog House on Va Beach Blvd. Its a pretty big place and our pup loves it there. They do NOT crate your dog, even at night (unless there are behavorial problems of course). They encourage "pack mentality" and allow the dogs to run around, play, and even sleep together. they have their own nice beds, they even orchestrate it like a sleepover with doggie sundaes, large screen tvs, bubble machines and laser shows all for the dogs. They also have a very large area outside where the dogs can run and play.All workers are certified trainers etc so i trust them 100%.. good luck!

Old 01-13-2009, 12:07 PM

42 posts, read 141,919 times
I suppose the "Pack Mentality" would be good for younger dogs, but the older more "established in their own attitude" would be a bit of a risk. Our dog is very set in her ways, as she is spoiled and runs the house!

Old 01-14-2009, 10:58 AM

78 posts, read 222,901 times
What are the prices like at Thee dog house?? No information on the website.....

Old 01-15-2009, 09:47 PM

4 posts, read 15,025 times
I did find a great dog and cat sitter. Her name is Carol from NO PET LEFT BEHING. She has been great and the dogs and cats love her. She had visited my dogs for several weeks while away. Takes in the mail and newspapers also. I use her twice a day for long walks which the dogs love. Her phone is 757-564-6378 or carol@nopetleftbehindva.com web site www.nopetleftbehindva.com I would recommend her to eveyone. She is very trust worthy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area