Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 10:01 AM

83 posts, read 225,227 times

Advertisements

Check into Marina Shores Apartments in Va Beach off of Great Neck Rd (near intersection of Shore Dr). It's a beautiful, safe area and the 2bdrms are in the $1000-1200 range. I lived there in the past and the only complaint I had was the fatties living above me slamming around. However, that was absolutely the only issue I had and to avoid that, I suggest living on the top floor in ANY apartment complex to avoid that. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2009, 12:08 PM

85 posts, read 319,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph22679VA View Post
Check into Marina Shores Apartments in Va Beach off of Great Neck Rd (near intersection of Shore Dr). It's a beautiful, safe area and the 2bdrms are in the $1000-1200 range. I lived there in the past and the only complaint I had was the fatties living above me slamming around. However, that was absolutely the only issue I had and to avoid that, I suggest living on the top floor in ANY apartment complex to avoid that. Good luck!
Yeah those are nice and close to the beach at Shore Dr. Alot of good eating right in that area also plus the bike path is right there.

Old 03-01-2009, 12:56 PM

83 posts, read 225,227 times
I agree, Freefreq! That is a wonderful, safe area around the Great Neck corridor and Shore Dr. Definitely close to the beach and tons of good food in the area. Neat, lowkey bars as well if you like to hang out occasionally. There are also bike and walking paths. A good place for both a single person or a family...

Old 09-02-2009, 03:17 AM

1 posts, read 1,960 times
Thumbs down Do not Move to Marina Shores

If you like giant roaches that will crawl on you while you sleep, loud neighbors with thin walls and a rude management and maintenance staff, then please move to Marina Shores. If you like to freeze to death in the winter then please move to Marina Shores. If you like maintenance to enter your apartment at any time without notice then you will love Marina Shores. Seriously, don't even think about it.

Old 09-02-2009, 11:11 AM

520 posts, read 1,626,488 times
Skip Hampton Roads altogether. The apartment places are used to preying on Navy folks, they are used to high turnover. The area is overpriced.

When you see a jet cruising around, remember it's your tax money going up in flames. Actually, our debt is 380% of our GDP. Probably will never pay it back. Our country is in default. We need to bill every citizen $100,000 or so to pay off our countries debt.

And if you lived in a better region, you might see Russian jets flying over because wealthy Americans buy them as toys.

Old 09-02-2009, 02:46 PM

88 posts, read 310,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
True but when they fly so low they set off car alarms at 10 pm stupid is the nice term for them. Luckily we just bought a house away from the jet noise, but until we move we have to deal with it. Trust me your ears will start to hurt and ring all the time. It's not something you want to live with if you can avoid it. We were warned before we moved in, but until you've lived with it you have no idea how bad it really is. I just warn people because the jets were here first.
I live at town center in Virginia Beach, and the past few days they have been going non-stop over here. They shouldn't be over here, not supposed to be over here, but they are. So I don't think you can buy a house where jet noise is not, because they always seem to creep where they aren't supposed to.

Old 09-02-2009, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph22679VA View Post
Marina Shores is nice, my friend used to live there. And yes, with any apartment, i'd always suggest the very top floor.

Old 09-02-2009, 02:57 PM

1,477 posts, read 6,018,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by towncentergal View Post
I live at town center in Virginia Beach, and the past few days they have been going non-stop over here. They shouldn't be over here, not supposed to be over here, but they are. So I don't think you can buy a house where jet noise is not, because they always seem to creep where they aren't supposed to.

The jets can fly when ever and where ever they want and if anyone told you different they were wrong

Old 09-02-2009, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apartmenthelp View Post
I need to move to virginia beach and have been looking for a decent affordable 2 bedroom apartment but cant seem to find one. They are either too expensive, too small or old and crime infested!
My rent budget is between $1000-1200.
anyone got any recommendation?
I might be moving soon, so i've been doing some research myself. You need these 3 websites:

Apartment Ratings- rated by people who live/lived there:
Apartment Ratings :: The leading source of apartment reviews by renters for renters.

Spotcrime- type in address- see crime for past 2 years-
Virginia Beach Crime Map - Showing Crime in Virginia Beach, VA - Crime Statistics - Crime Alerts - Crime Stops Here

Sex Offenders Website:
Virginia State Police

Was looking at a townhouse online, and looked up the address, and two doors down there are 3 male sex offenders living in the same house. Scary stuff. That's why this website is good.

Any other questions, just let me know. Shoreline Apartments are cute and they have no crime, but they were out of my price range but in yours. I would suggest checking them out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area