Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2009, 01:55 AM

113 posts, read 186,393 times

Advertisements

Williamsburg is on our "short list" for retirement areas (along with the Triangle area in NC) and we have looked around at homes a bit by way of advance reconnaisance.

We saw some homes in Brandywyne a couple years ago and liked them. Currently, I see quite a few Brandywyne homes on realtor.com --seems like a lot given the small size and newness of the community. Is there some issue there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2009, 08:41 AM

1,194 posts, read 3,977,837 times
Well, of the 7 homes listed for sale currently in Brandywyne, 5 are left over new construction homes from the builder. No new homes sold in the last 12 months. There were 6 resales though. I have sold a few to clients who are very happy. They like the closeness to Colonial Williamsburg, shopping and interstate 64. They also like the fact that their yards are maintained by the homeowner association.
Homes prices for sold homes range from $315k to $462k in the last 12 months. The median price for homes sold last 12 months was $352k. The median price for the remaining new homes is $435k.
My opinion is that buyers in the over $400k price range are looking and buying elsewhere. I would be happy to put you in touch with home owners there for their personal feelings about living in Brandywyne.
Home owner fees in Brandywyne are $150 a month and include use of the pool, clubhouse, and yard maintenance

Old 02-28-2009, 08:20 AM

35 posts, read 114,418 times
I agree with John (Mr. Williamsburg). The homes in Brandywyne are a bit overpriced for the area. That's why the builder wasn't able to sell them all. Also, most people are buying on the "newer side of town". I think Brandon Woods is much nicer in the same price range. With the recent price declines, you can also find homes in Fords Colony and Kingsmill in this range as well. Of course, for retirees on a budget, Colonial Heritage is also worth consideration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area