Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 05:48 AM

8 posts, read 32,069 times

Advertisements

I am curious if anyone knows the number of dogs one household can have? Also, does anyone run a doggie daycare in the Virginia Beach area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2009, 06:24 AM

3,507 posts, read 13,450,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj57 View Post
I am curious if anyone knows the number of dogs one household can have? Also, does anyone run a doggie daycare in the Virginia Beach area?
Yes, you are allowed to have 5 dogs and doggie daycare can be found at Owl Creek Veternary Hospital and Shipps Corner Pet Spa. Are all your dogs up to date on shots and licensed?

Old 03-04-2009, 07:06 AM

Lightbulb thanks Erma

I'm good then. Yes, my dogs have all of their shots and they will all have their licenses in about a week. I have 13 year old dogs, a 4 year old dog, and a 9 week old puppy.

My reason for asking about doggie daycare is that I want to open one at my home. I will be checking with the city zoning and health departments to see if I can.

Thanks for letting me know the number of dogs I can have; I couldn't part with any of them!

Old 03-04-2009, 07:50 AM

Quote:
I'm good then. Yes, my dogs have all of their shots and they will all have their licenses in about a week. I have 13 year old dogs, a 4 year old dog, and a 9 week old puppy.

My reason for asking about doggie daycare is that I want to open one at my home. I will be checking with the city zoning and health departments to see if I can.

Thanks for letting me know the number of dogs I can have; I couldn't part with any of them!
I had 3 boston terriers until they passed of old age and illnesses. I wanted to adopt a 4th and this is how I knew of the limit. Good luck to you.

Old 03-04-2009, 08:05 AM

Default thank you

I'm sorry to hear about your losses. Many people don't understand how devastating it is to lose a pet; at least for me it is. I am an avid dog lover. I really appreciate you letting me know the dog limit; I feel a weight lifted off of me. Will you be getting more dogs in the future? I can't imagine my life without at least one dog in it.

Old 03-04-2009, 08:30 AM

Quote:
I'm sorry to hear about your losses. Many people don't understand how devastating it is to lose a pet; at least for me it is. I am an avid dog lover. I really appreciate you letting me know the dog limit; I feel a weight lifted off of me. Will you be getting more dogs in the future? I can't imagine my life without at least one dog in it.
I have a Jack Russell who will be 9. She's my love bug. I travel for my job at times and it's pretty tough leaving her, but always glad to see her when I get home. We spend alot of time together and we take her camping with us. She sleeps right in the middle.

Old 03-04-2009, 03:28 PM

Default found out more information

I started the process of opening my own doggie daycare. There is much involved, yet the steps are simple. I have to get a residential kennel license and stand before the commissioner in a few months.

I also found out that the number of dogs allowed in the city of Virginia Beach is 4; to have more than that I must apply for a residential kennel license. I'm doing that anyway!

Wish me luck!

Old 03-05-2009, 04:27 AM

Quote:
I started the process of opening my own doggie daycare. There is much involved, yet the steps are simple. I have to get a residential kennel license and stand before the commissioner in a few months.

I also found out that the number of dogs allowed in the city of Virginia Beach is 4; to have more than that I must apply for a residential kennel license. I'm doing that anyway!

Wish me luck!
Best of luck!

Old 03-27-2009, 09:39 AM

Thanks, Erma!

Old 03-27-2009, 11:48 PM

25 posts, read 98,541 times
OH that is awesome. I wish you the best of luck. I am moving from Alaska to VA Beach next month and I am bringing my mini dachshund. We are going on the roadtrip together. It's nice to know there are kennels in the area because I do like to take some weekend trips that aren't so dog friendly. Let us know how it goes!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area