Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 11:00 AM

5 posts, read 240,855 times

Advertisements

I would move home to Vermont. The reason? Because it is paradise on earth. LOL, well, I think so anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2009, 11:03 AM

6 posts, read 13,011 times
Default Front Royal/Winchester

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogbiscuit View Post
I'm moving this summer to NOVA, after living in HR for 25 years. We are relocating to the Front Royal/Winchester area and plan to stay there.
HR has just gotten too big and too much traffic. The roads are crap, and the people refuse to raise taxes to fix them.
Moving to the country, gonna eat me a lot of apples...
VDOT is no different in Front Royal, it's still Virginia.

I go to the Luray area fairly frequently, and can tell you that Front Royal is slowly getting it's own share of problems. South of there is nice, but Front Royal is going to be a bedroom community for the outlying DC suburbs within 10 years.

I was in that city for a total of 90 minutes on my last trip and heard (and saw) police zooming around constantly; sirens blaring. For what should have been a two minute drive, I sat on the main drag in town for their "rush hour" for about 30 minutes. The people there I had to deal with were less friendly (this was in a retail transaction) than most anyone I deal with here.

Of course, it may have been a bad day in paradise. That's just my experience. Take it with a grain of salt.

Old 06-26-2009, 02:11 PM

7 posts, read 15,499 times
Hey, i would like to know more about the cities in Europe you are talking about. That sounds interesting. I want to find out more about living there and what you have to do to be able to live there. I too am mid thirties and no children....trust me ....HR isnt the only place where no one seems interested if you dont have them.!!!!

Old 06-26-2009, 02:29 PM

7 posts, read 15,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by towncentergal View Post
Hmmm, glad i'm not the only one with no kids being ignored..lol. Have you ever been anywhere in Europe? I went to London a few years ago, and I felt like I belonged there. I still want to go to Italy and Greece. I'd love to live overseas, if funds ever allowed
Hey , i'm in my mid thirties as well and believe me it's not just HR that seems like you have to have kids to fit in. I really don't have acquaintances or friends without kids. I thought HR would be different about that though. Anyway, i would love to live in Europe....please tell me how i can find out more about doing that.

Old 06-28-2009, 09:45 AM

290 posts, read 1,157,324 times
Landover, Maryland in Prince George's County on the outskirts of D.C. I move in officially Spring 2010. Im actually living in Wilmington, NC right now, but its far too southern and country for me, I hate it and actually liked Newport News better. But I wont be going back there either.

Old 06-28-2009, 10:15 AM

3,507 posts, read 13,428,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToughLuv View Post
Landover, Maryland in Prince George's County on the outskirts of D.C. I move in officially Spring 2010. Im actually living in Wilmington, NC right now, but its far too southern and country for me, I hate it and actually liked Newport News better. But I wont be going back there either.
No way! You don't like Wilmington? I always enjoyed my trips down there.

Old 06-28-2009, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erma View Post
No way! You don't like Wilmington? I always enjoyed my trips down there.
Im Black.

Old 06-28-2009, 11:11 AM

3,507 posts, read 13,428,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToughLuv View Post
Im Black.
and....

Old 06-28-2009, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erma View Post
and....
If you lived here like I do you would understand.

Old 06-28-2009, 02:08 PM

88 posts, read 309,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pharos View Post
Hey , i'm in my mid thirties as well and believe me it's not just HR that seems like you have to have kids to fit in. I really don't have acquaintances or friends without kids. I thought HR would be different about that though. Anyway, i would love to live in Europe....please tell me how i can find out more about doing that.
I've only vacationed in London, not sure if I can give you any advice about living there, only know stuff from a tourist point of view. It's funny I love London but most people that live in England think it's "dirty" (pollution from cars, etc). Maybe it's the same way we view the oceanfront when tourists come here..lol. Anyhow, always love to chat and yeah I have no kids..lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area