Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2009, 09:44 AM

11 posts, read 30,425 times

Advertisements

Planning a tour of VA. I am on a retired person's budget, so I am asking for help on finding a less expensive place to stay on Chincoteague Island. I want to take in the island and all I need is a clean place to stay and sleep. I am looking on the net and most of the sites there are for resorts. I would rather fit in with the locals and not be a "tourist" with all that goes with that.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

David
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2009, 11:27 AM

3,507 posts, read 13,405,788 times
Chincoteague Island VA Motel Lodging Romantic Getaway in Virginia

Inn at Poplar Corner, Chincoteague Island, Virginia

Old 06-02-2009, 12:26 PM

1,123 posts, read 5,315,117 times
It has been 7 or 8 years, but I went on a budget as a single parent back then and I found a home rental. I cannot remember the name of the place, but if you do some searching on the web, that might be a cheaper option. This guy had 5 or 6 small rentals with 2 br and a kitchen. I know that isn't really a big help .

I found it! www.heronwoods.com - Looks like it is around $595 a week - not bad when you can cook there too.

Old 06-02-2009, 12:56 PM

3,507 posts, read 13,405,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacylee926 View Post
It has been 7 or 8 years, but I went on a budget as a single parent back then and I found a home rental. I cannot remember the name of the place, but if you do some searching on the web, that might be a cheaper option. This guy had 5 or 6 small rentals with 2 br and a kitchen. I know that isn't really a big help .

I found it! www.heronwoods.com - Looks like it is around $595 a week - not bad when you can cook there too.
They are hard to get this time of year for short stays. When contractors work at Wallops Island, they are normally there for weeks and rent them.

Old 07-20-2009, 04:03 PM

1 posts, read 2,555 times
We stayed in Chincoteague last week at the Sea Shell Motel. It's located in the middle of a quiet residential area, away from the other hotels in town. We were very happy with the choice, both from a price standpoint and by being located in a residential area we did feel like we fit in with the locals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area