U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2007, 04:25 PM

88 posts, read 291,557 times

Advertisements

Hey All,
We were looking at buying a condo in Columbus Station. Does anyone out there live there? Positive and negative comments about the place? Any advice appreciated.

towncentergal
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2007, 09:25 AM

1,753 posts, read 6,122,025 times
I find lots of both negatives and positives. First the positives: great location to walk over to lots of restaurants, shopping, movies, even the mall. I find the construction of the units overall to be fairly good even though sometimes the sounds of my neighbor comes through the common wall. Second, good place for an investment. The value of my unit has tripled and continues to go up as Town Center builds up and out. Another positive is proximity to the interestate. You can get in and out fairly quickly.

Ok, now the negatives: A lot of renters are moving here in the last few years which further diminishes what little sense of community we have. I don't mind renters persay but some don't care for the property as an owner would and are not as considerate about noise, etc. Another negative is the owners have put up new fences but the colors don't match and the overall appearance is somewhat cookie cutter and not at all attractive. The association seems to be blind about this.

All in all, not a bad place to live if you don't mind community living.

Old 03-15-2008, 07:24 PM

1 posts, read 5,160 times
Smile I Own a Condo in Columbus Station

Quote:
Originally Posted by towncentergal View Post
Hey All,
We were looking at buying a condo in Columbus Station. Does anyone out there live there? Positive and negative comments about the place? Any advice appreciated.

towncentergal
Hi Towncentergal,

I've owned my condo in Columbus Station since 92, and yes the value has tripled. It's on Genoa Circle on the marsh. I find it very quiet and peaceful. I love my neighbors and we all look out for each other. I think the best part of living in Columbus Station is that it is walking distance to so many restaurants, the movies, and the mall. I only put about 5K miles on my car a year because everything is so close. I walk my dog early in the morning and you can smell food cooking at different restaurants at Town Center.

I am moving to Northern VA and am planning to rent it May 15. Are you interested in renting with an option to buy? I don't want to sell it until I have established myself in Northern VA, so I can find a good neighborhood to live in and buy.

Contact me at: [EMAIL="vbchtch@yahoo.com"]vbchtch@yahoo.com[/EMAIL]

Old 03-17-2008, 03:02 PM

1,753 posts, read 6,122,025 times
I love living in Columbus Station too but am fixing up my unit to sell and hope to have it ready in the next couple of months. It will feature almost (and some new) stainless kitchen appliances and a totally renovated new half bath along with all new paint.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area