Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 02:25 PM

6 posts, read 10,940 times

Advertisements

I moved to the Midwest 14 years ago and the meth problem is horrible. There are labs all over the area. I've even seen where people were arrested for having meth labs in their cars while their children were in them!
I grew up on the Bay streets of Ocean View and never felt more threatened than I do here in farmland.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2015, 09:51 AM

1 posts, read 2,462 times
Does anyone know about fenner Street

Old 08-27-2015, 10:10 AM

6,292 posts, read 10,596,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koneil View Post
Does anyone know about fenner Street
You need to give more information. What city?

Old 08-27-2015, 11:31 AM

1,812 posts, read 4,220,896 times
Look up reviews for Fenner Garden Apartment which are at 7433 Fenner Street, Norfolk, VA 23505.
My guess based on one review I read would be that this is not a safe area.
I'm sure posters who know far more than I do about Norfolk will post.

Old 08-27-2015, 04:14 PM

6,417 posts, read 1,431,120 times
People on here that are natives of Tidewater and have lived for a few years in the area, give good information. You can simply call the crime analysis unit of the Police Department that has jurisdiction in the area and you will get your answers.

Old 09-02-2015, 08:19 AM

34 posts, read 37,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA7cities View Post
Any neighborhood with Farms or Plantation in the name
Being good or bad?

I live in the Great Bridge area of Chesapeake. Love it here but the area is growing by leaps and bounds. I may have to move further south.....like out of the state!

Old 05-18-2018, 11:35 PM

65 posts, read 103,265 times
So the safest areas are parts of Virginia Beach and chesapeake? Im thinking of moving over there from Richmond which has many dangerous areas as well, its crowded and you have to drive far from North Side to S. South etc. How is the work situation over there?

Old 05-19-2018, 01:06 AM

6,509 posts, read 8,450,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann2016 View Post
So the safest areas are parts of Virginia Beach and chesapeake? Im thinking of moving over there from Richmond which has many dangerous areas as well, its crowded and you have to drive far from North Side to S. South etc. How is the work situation over there?
Basically. There are a lot of really low paying jobs here. But you can get by working two jobs or having roommates. It's like New York in that respect.

It really depends on what you do, and who you know can get you in. No different than most places really.

Every city has good neighborhoods if you can afford it.

Old 05-19-2018, 01:10 AM

6,509 posts, read 8,450,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strubbette View Post
I moved to the Midwest 14 years ago and the meth problem is horrible. There are labs all over the area. I've even seen where people were arrested for having meth labs in their cars while their children were in them!
I grew up on the Bay streets of Ocean View and never felt more threatened than I do here in farmland.
I'm from the Midwest. Columbus is good, as are parts of some cities. Midwest is not as bourgeois as Virginia. More down to Earth and working class, even among educated people. I miss that about Ohio. But the crime is out of control there. That I don't miss, and that will never change. As you've stated you don't necessarily have to be in the city to experience the crime either. It's like a post industrialization experiment up there.

Old 05-19-2018, 11:17 AM

1,185 posts, read 1,502,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann2016 View Post
There are bad parts of any city in Hampton Roads.

VA Beach and Chesapeake tend to be the safest of the cities on the southside.

The northern eastern part of Chesapeake near Norfolk/Portsmouth is nowhere you would want to be.

Virginia Beach has a few sketch areas scattered throughout, but most of them are near Oceana and on the west side that borders Norfolk. There are a few neighborhoods near the touristy oceanfront that you would also want to avoid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area