Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 06:58 PM

5 posts, read 13,055 times

Advertisements

I cant take it any longer...I purchased my house and was provided in the contract that noise MAY reach 70 decibels ...now we are at 113 and headed to 133...WHAT THE HECK...I cant even sit in my house and watch TV. The noise is overpowering. My hearing is definitely been effected. Come on already...the city leaders are obviously living far from the growing abundance of noise or getting shut-up money! NO ONE should move to virginia Beach!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2009, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Thank you. I agree 100%.
ahh yes, a spose that lives far away from it all commenting on hubbys job -over paid with a 3-4 day work week..I see it and hear it...the noise sucks...face it!

Old 09-02-2009, 07:14 PM

[FONT=Verdana]Don’t move near VB! The noise is growing and honestly - when a home owner cannot sit in their house with all the doors and windows shut volume our high on TV and still can’t hear America’s got Talent...that's a problem. Good gosh, wait until you have an important phone call...or your grand child says something for the first time and you miss it. Perhaps when you see yourself waling around your back yard mowing the grass with hearing protection...ahhh quality life in VB...It seriously sucks! I live in the landstown meadows, just a few miles from Oceana; I cannot imagine how horrific the noise is living near the base. When I use the base, its bad and causes immediate headaches and frustration, these f-18's are horrible...the f-35's that may be coming are up to three times as loud!!! [/FONT]

Old 09-03-2009, 09:26 AM

88 posts, read 310,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimvb View Post
Don’t move near VB! The noise is growing and honestly - when a home owner cannot sit in their house with all the doors and windows shut volume our high on TV and still can’t hear America’s got Talent...that's a problem. Good gosh, wait until you have an important phone call...or your grand child says something for the first time and you miss it. Perhaps when you see yourself waling around your back yard mowing the grass with hearing protection...ahhh quality life in VB...It seriously sucks! I live in the landstown meadows, just a few miles from Oceana; I cannot imagine how horrific the noise is living near the base. When I use the base, its bad and causes immediate headaches and frustration, these f-18's are horrible...the f-35's that may be coming are up to three times as loud!!!
We are about to sell our place, one of the reasons is the noise factor. The past week I can hear jets over here at night (up to midnight), and now a new thing- helicopters flying over constantly (yes, all day and night). I'm not sure if that's military or police. I can't see the police flying a helicopter 24/7 though, seems like a military thing. Town center is supposed to be away from the jet noise area, but apparently it's not. And yes, hubby works at oceanfront, and when he calls to talk to me, jets fly over there constantly, he keeps telling me to pause because he can't hear me. I know that really frustrates him. And it's constant. Anyhow, I already told hubby, if f-35's come here, I am out of here. Need to find an alternative to Virginia Beach soon, before I lose my mind

Old 09-03-2009, 09:45 AM

1,477 posts, read 6,017,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by towncentergal View Post
We are about to sell our place, one of the reasons is the noise factor. The past week I can hear jets over here at night (up to midnight), and now a new thing- helicopters flying over constantly (yes, all day and night). I'm not sure if that's military or police. I can't see the police flying a helicopter 24/7 though, seems like a military thing. Town center is supposed to be away from the jet noise area, but apparently it's not. And yes, hubby works at oceanfront, and when he calls to talk to me, jets fly over there constantly, he keeps telling me to pause because he can't hear me. I know that really frustrates him. And it's constant. Anyhow, I already told hubby, if f-35's come here, I am out of here. Need to find an alternative to Virginia Beach soon, before I lose my mind

good luck with selling your place but do you really think you are going to find someone else who is willing to put up with the jet noise that you yourself cant stand....I hope you are willing to take a hit

Old 09-03-2009, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtandc View Post
good luck with selling your place but do you really think you are going to find someone else who is willing to put up with the jet noise that you yourself cant stand....I hope you are willing to take a hit
Seems there are other morons willing to live where jet noise is and LOVE it- yeah, they can buy it.

Old 09-06-2009, 01:12 PM

71 posts, read 228,510 times
I really enjoy this thread. I live near Town Center, and I agree with you! The helicopters have woken me up before in the middle of the night, sounding like they were getting ready to land in my back yard. I always wondered where they were from...the Little Neck Road corridor is not a high crime area.

Old 09-13-2009, 05:48 PM

Another article out today about the F-35.....

Oceana's future could hinge on new fighter jet | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com

Old 09-14-2009, 10:51 AM

102 posts, read 539,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by towncentergal View Post
Thanks for pointing out this article, towncentergal. Interesting to read the article and comments!

Old 09-14-2009, 11:41 AM

1,477 posts, read 6,017,907 times
don't forget about the radar deal also.......which can/will limit the future growth along the ocean front

Oceanfront expansion halted by radar concerns | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area