Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2009, 09:59 PM

11 posts, read 79,864 times

Advertisements

Hello. My boyfriend and I have been discussing marriage, emphasis on the word discussing, meaning there is no official engagement or plans at this point; I'm just thinking about what we could do that would be affordable but still nice. He recently relocated from FL to NOVA for a job opportunity, I'm currently in AL originally from FL. When I complete school I am planning to relocate to where he is.

I ran across a website, www.beachweddingsvirginia.com. I am sorry if it's not okay to post a link in this post, I wasn't sure if it was allowed, so I will give more information about the wedding officient, her name is Frankee Love, she also hosts a site called Blue Ridge Weddings.

I am considering purchasing one of her small wedding packages in the future once we are sure about what we want to do. I think it would be a very economical choice for us; would like to keep it as a possible option. I wanted to know if anyone knows anyone or if they have ever used her services for a small ceremony on Virginia Beach or even at one of the inns in the mountains. If so what was your experience like? Did you allow her to handle everything? I believe photography services are also included in the package, were you happy with the photos? Are there any other elopement package services like this in the area? Her websites offer a lot of inormation but just wanted to hear from someone who might know something about her company. Thanks for any information you can provide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2009, 03:37 PM

128 posts, read 626,741 times
I guess with everything it depends on what you want to pay and how elaborate you want to be. Probably the least expensive way is to just contact a Virginia Beach Marriage Commissioner. I've photographed many weddings in Virginia Beach and a lot of couples have done just that. As far as pictures are concerned that is debateable and a wedding photographer (like myself) is probably the wrong source for that end of it. It just depends on what you want. I've been doing this for almost 30 years and have come to the conclusion that brides and grooms don't really care for quality (of photographs) anymore. It just doesn't seem to matter any longer. There are hotels and motels all over the beach for a variation of prices. Of course getting married on the beach limits you to between March and November or December. Hope this helps.

Old 07-21-2009, 03:45 PM

Thank you for your response Bob; yes your answer does help. I wasn't sure about the best time of year to do it if we decide to go that route. I will make a note of your post. I just wanted to know if anyone had any experience with this particular VA Beach wedding service. Thanks again.

Old 07-22-2009, 08:56 PM

4,515 posts, read 9,660,013 times
Congrats

Old 07-26-2009, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
Congrats

Thank you!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
View detailed profiles of: