U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2007, 11:58 PM

1 posts, read 5,161 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know a lot about these condos? We are looking for a weekend getaway from Richmond and have found a couple with great views around $400K, boat slip included. I know it does get congested in there with fishermen. What about the jet noise there? Any help would be appreciated. Also, does anyone know anything about Linkhorn Bay? They are gorgeous, but not a great view. We don't really want to go over a half mil. for our first vacation home, so these seem like 2 good choices. Thanks for any help!
S
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2010, 05:02 PM

1 posts, read 2,770 times
I live at Linkhorn Bay and the place is gorgeous. As for the views....it all depends on whether or not you want a view of the road, the golf course or the water. The pier is peaceful and not many people have boats at the slip year round....or during the summer to tell you the truth. Sitting out at the Gazebo looking over the water is extremely relaxing. For a vacation home, it's fabulous. If you are worried about the jet noise, don't live in Virginia Beach or any where close to the Oceanfront. The jets do fly and if they are doing night training, it will go into the evening. I learned to adjust and love it. During the Air shows...the jets fly right over Linkhorn Bay, which is amazing. Boats pack the Back Bay just to watch the air show...so it must be an amazing sight. Hope this helps. Oh, and I own one of them as a year round home and I wouldn't trade it for the world.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area