U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2009, 02:50 PM

8,323 posts, read 14,574,855 times

Advertisements

All I can do is post a link before I lose control of my laughter...

Check it out! (http://www.wvec.com/news/topstories/stories/wvec_top_081109_zillow_rank.ced9f142.html - broken link)

*falls out of chair laughing*
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2009, 05:25 PM

1,700 posts, read 5,656,685 times
Man, I was just coming here to post this, haha. Didn't seem right to me either.

Old 08-13-2009, 10:24 AM

69 posts, read 219,565 times
who's even heard of this zillow.com?

wvec.com (and wavy.com while we're at it) really need to hire better proofreaders.

Old 08-13-2009, 12:51 PM

1,477 posts, read 5,735,987 times
Zillow.com is a big nationwide real estate site but I have never had much faith in their numbers .......
Do I think Va Bch is the best place to buy a home right now.......heck no but I do have to agree with some of his statements......we can dispute them all we want but......
unemployment is low............. ( below the national average in the last stats I seen).......
we have a good military base........(try bases including the largest one in the USA)................ we have a good defense industry.........(no brainer with the number of military bases in the area).....
employment is pretty steady here compared to the rest of the country," (this claim is kind of weak)

But other then the last claim the rest are pretty hard to dispute............

But there is many more factors to look at before you get a true picture of a local home market......and if VA Bch is the best place .....man I am glad I dont live anywhere else....

Old 08-14-2009, 03:42 PM

520 posts, read 1,547,503 times
Zillow is well known, but well known to have totally broken data. It tries to computer-model the values of houses based on information they obtain from the local gov't. People thought they would revolutionize real estate, but then once the site went public it was like... hmmm.

It now has info on homes for sale which is neat. But it didn't overthrow the real estate cartel by any means. It's no RedFin. Heh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area