U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 10:43 AM

88 posts, read 291,489 times

Advertisements

Does anyone else that lives in Town Center Virginia Beach know why there's been a helicopter constantly going over 24/7 (yes, all day and all night) the past few days? They are flying to low, they wake me up 3 in the morning, and have a hard time sleeping lately. Once again, gotta love Virginia Beach. Does anyone know if this is military or police? Somehow I can't see the police going over 24/7, seems it would be a military thing. Anyhow, let me know if you know!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2009, 10:56 AM

1,477 posts, read 5,651,156 times
Is the helicopter painted black with the lettering NWO or MIB painted on the side of it ?

Sorry could not pass that one up......

Old 09-03-2009, 12:19 PM

3,506 posts, read 12,799,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtandc View Post
Is the helicopter painted black with the lettering NWO or MIB painted on the side of it ?

Sorry could not pass that one up......
LOL
I'm normally up early for work and I don't hear anything. Even when I'm outside with the pooch, no helicopters or jets.....are you sure you're not dreaming?

Old 09-03-2009, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erma View Post
LOL
I'm normally up early for work and I don't hear anything. Even when I'm outside with the pooch, no helicopters or jets.....are you sure you're not dreaming?
NO NOT DREAMING - I just said they go over during the day too. Do you live in Columbus Station?????

Old 09-03-2009, 12:39 PM

Ya know, I don't even know why I bother to ask anyone anything on here anymore. It's not like I ever get a serious answer. i found out from someone that the Police force just got a new helicopter 2 weeks ago, that's probably what i'm hearing. Thanks for your helpful replies... NOT

Old 09-03-2009, 12:41 PM

1,753 posts, read 6,120,196 times
I used to live in Columbus Station and also heard the helicopters going overhead at night (mostly wekeend nights). I attributed it to being a police copter looking for criminals or such but I really never pressed to find out.

Last edited by citydweller; 09-03-2009 at 12:42 PM.. Reason: edit

Old 09-03-2009, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citydweller View Post
I used to live in Columbus Station and also heard the helicopters going overhead at night (mostly wekeend nights). I attributed it to being a police copter looking for criminals or such but I really never pressed to find out.
Thank you for your intelligent reply. Yeah, every once in a while is fine, but this is constant. Very strange. It's not like the crime got worse around here. And the new police helicopter- that was Sept last year, not this year, so who knows. I saw that pirates a few days ago tried to take down a military helicopter originating from Virginia Beach- maybe they have them on special training....

Old 09-03-2009, 09:19 PM

1,477 posts, read 5,651,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by towncentergal View Post
Thank you for your intelligent reply. Yeah, every once in a while is fine, but this is constant. Very strange. It's not like the crime got worse around here. And the new police helicopter- that was Sept last year, not this year, so who knows. I saw that pirates a few days ago tried to take down a military helicopter originating from Virginia Beach- maybe they have them on special training....

does the high rise have a heli pad on the roof?...if so it just might be some rich person that now owns a private helicopter and he is out playing with it like we all do with new toys.......

Old 09-04-2009, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtandc View Post
does the high rise have a heli pad on the roof?...if so it just might be some rich person that now owns a private helicopter and he is out playing with it like we all do with new toys.......
My husband thought maybe the Westin did, but I asked them and they don't (I was thinking maybe they were offering helicopter to airport services or some crap..lol). Honestly, I still think it's military. Who goes night and day around here but the military?

Old 09-04-2009, 05:36 PM

6,283 posts, read 9,565,931 times
There's a helipad on lynnhaven by the post office. I know it's not in town center, but maybe they've had an uptick in business because of everything that's going on this weekend?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area