Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 02:55 PM

21 posts, read 31,926 times

Advertisements

Thanks coconut. I did look at and send a request inquiring about the Harbour view shoppes. It looks a little pricey, but I still want to see it. It does look interesting.
Were looking into the New town community in Williamsburg, for the restaurant. Are you familier?
Weve also sent several inquiries through loopnet, but too many to mention just yet. Once I narrow a couple down, I'll post them.
Cant thank you enough for your time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2010, 05:02 PM

3,848 posts, read 9,324,090 times
No problem, I hope you succeed wherever you end up and I hope what I've been able to say has indeed helped you

Negotiate all leases before you sign, especially in this market. There's no reason to pay asking price per sq ft.

I am a little familiar with New Town. I walked around there a bit last year and went to Trader Joe's. I need to get back up there because I know they were still doing a lot of building when I was there.

The intersection of Richmond Road and Bypass Road is a very hot place to be.

Once you're able to get down here and drive around, I'm sure you'll see plenty of other properties for lease that are not online, or when (if?) you plan to hire a Realtor to help you.

Old 03-23-2010, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1 View Post
No problem, I hope you succeed wherever you end up and I hope what I've been able to say has indeed helped you

Negotiate all leases before you sign, especially in this market. There's no reason to pay asking price per sq ft.

I am a little familiar with New Town. I walked around there a bit last year and went to Trader Joe's. I need to get back up there because I know they were still doing a lot of building when I was there.

The intersection of Richmond Road and Bypass Road is a very hot place to be.

Once you're able to get down here and drive around, I'm sure you'll see plenty of other properties for lease that are not online, or when (if?) you plan to hire a Realtor to help you.
I'm leaning more and more towards Williamsburg. Between what you've told me and some, what look to be great spots, but I am getting replies on some inquiries I submitted earlier. One is Chesapeake, and I have to ask although I'm sure it wont be as good as anything I found in Williamsburg. Are you familier with the Cedar Lakes Center on Cedar Rd.?

Old 03-23-2010, 01:12 PM

I wouldn't go all the way out there in Chesapeake. That's the Great Bridge section and there's not a whole lot out there. I would personally stay away from there.

I also don't think anything over here will be as good as things in Williamsburg.

I would still visit both locations (Ches. and Williamsburg) because when it comes down to it it's a personal decision that you need to be happy with.

Like I've said, though, if I was going to open a restaurant, it would only be in the Williamsburg area. The atmosphere is better for independents and you're also in a tourist destination which is a good thing.

Old 03-23-2010, 03:18 PM

Yeah. I thought so, and I also wanted to hear that to put that out of my head. I will take drive around Chesapeake while I'm down there, and head over to suffolk, but my focus will be on Williamsburg.
I'll keep you updated if your interested and I may throw some more questions your way.
Again you've been very helpful, and I thank you.

Old 03-23-2010, 04:07 PM

Yes, I'm very interested to see how everything turns out. Do keep us updated

You're welcome
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area