Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 11:02 AM

137 posts, read 203,542 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

I'm moving to the area soon and am compiling my list of apartments and areas to check out.

Does anyone know of a place called Midtown at City View (4432 Bonney Rd. Virginia Beach, VA 23462)? I haven't been able to find a website for it anywhere. I don't even see it on apartmentratings.com.

Also, if anyone can suggest a good apartment to look in to that would be great. I'm looking for a 2-3 bedroom up to $1650 with a modern open floor plan with washer/dryer in unit in va beach area (patio would be nice). Bars and restaurants around the area would be great, but not essential.

Any info would be helpful.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2010, 02:21 PM

1,790 posts, read 6,514,671 times
Midtown is a new and up and coming complex that when the road is complete (soon) will connect this area to the Town Center area. I am not sure if they have a website but I would imagine it would be upscale and pretty nice since it's near the Town Center. Also, there are some restaurants and bars in Town Center though most are chains. Good luck!

Old 04-01-2010, 09:19 AM

Thanks, Citydweller. I'll be visiting this weekend, so hopefully I'll have a better idea of the neighborhoods after that.

Old 05-05-2010, 05:59 PM

16 posts, read 23,564 times
Here is the website....

Ripley Heatwole: MidTown at CityView, Virginia Beach Apartments

Appears to be listed on apartmentguide.com also. But I don't see any ratings for it anywhere. I live here. It is quite nice. A brand new complex. My building opened in December 2008. Everything was brand new when I moved in. Love that there is a parking garage and very near town center & tons to do around here. My apartment is tiny tho (1 bed/1 bath). You need a key fob to get into the buildings so that is very secure. I like that you enter the apartments through the hallways instead of outside. Keeps you from tracking in dirt and what not. My apartment sits right on Bonney Rd. (2nd floor), so the traffic noise has taken some getting use to. I would imagine the backside is nicer (faces woods/swamp/town center).

Also brand new in the area is Redmill Landing Apartments

Redmill Landing Apartments in Virginia Beach, VA | Apartments.com

Old 05-06-2010, 08:22 AM

Hi Tucsonwifey,

Thanks for the great info.

My husband is actually living in the Redmill Landing apartments. His company put him up there while we find something more permanent. He likes the apartment, but it's not exactly surrounded by much (restaurants, bars, etc.) and it's more expensive than the Cosmopolitan apartments.

When I use the Bonney Road address in google, it's can't find it. How far do you think it actually is from Town Center? Walking distance?

Thanks!

Old 05-06-2010, 09:11 PM

It's very close and easily within walking distance to Town Center. They are building a bridge as we speak to connect the two and it should be finished quite soon.

Old 05-07-2010, 10:00 AM

Thanks great to know. Thanks, Citydweller!

Old 05-11-2010, 02:35 PM

90 posts, read 288,056 times
Midtown is really nice, I live there. Howevere, it's in a largely populated/congested area.

Old 05-13-2010, 12:40 PM

2 posts, read 6,583 times
Default how is the jet noise there?

I'm looking for an apt and near Town Center would be nice, but how bad is the jet noise there? For instance, these last two weeks when they've been flying nonstop all day and night at Oceana: how loud are they at Midtown, inside the apartments?

I really want to leave Va Beach but need to stay a few more years for my child's school. I hesitate to move without knowing the honest truth about how loud the jets are (although there is no place safe from jet noise in Va Beach, just a warning to non-locals who might be reading this).

Thanks.

Old 05-13-2010, 10:54 PM

Town Center is far away from most flight patterns. You should be ok but now and again a few might fly over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area