U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2010, 07:03 AM

11 posts, read 37,920 times

Advertisements

Just moved to town and we are looking for rentals, how is the Burbage Grant area? Is it safe? How are the schools (elementary)?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2010, 09:50 AM

1,123 posts, read 4,973,720 times
Default Burbage Grant is in the Northern Suffolk area

I know we have talked off line.... But sometimes neighborhood names are hard to place. Just wanted to throw in the Northern Suffolk area in general . That might open it up for more general comments.

Old 04-07-2010, 06:56 PM

61 posts, read 141,961 times
I know a woman that lives there, and she had her van stolen from her driveway TWICE. I think that is unusual though. I have heard mixed reports about the schools. You might also want to check Western Branch in Chesapeake, about 10 minutes away off 664---- low crime, good schools. GOOD LUCK!

Old 04-08-2010, 10:39 AM

520 posts, read 1,495,876 times
Tell her to pay the bill on it, and the repo man won't steal it.

Old 04-12-2010, 03:19 PM

6 posts, read 18,979 times
i would stay away fromthe Burbage Grant area, there is some gang activity over there! Western Branch area or Bennetts Creek areas are nicer!

Old 04-12-2010, 09:20 PM

3,848 posts, read 8,373,554 times
I wouldn't move in to Burbage Grant. It's a very iffy neighborhood and borders on undesirable areas.

Old 04-13-2010, 08:17 AM

1,123 posts, read 4,973,720 times
I am surprised with the comments on that area. I know that some of the surrounding areas are not so great, but driving through the neighborhood there were TONS of children riding bikes and families taking walks etc in the early evening. Also, it was a diverse, mixed neighborhood.

I noticed houses for sale in the neighborhood in the paper last weekend - they were not exactly cheap!

Old 04-13-2010, 09:40 AM

3,848 posts, read 8,373,554 times
I hope the children weren't falling in to the sink holes BG is known for

I agree, the homes there are not cheap which is one more reason I would stay away... it's expensive junk!

Old 04-18-2010, 01:15 PM

2 posts, read 8,536 times
I live in Burbage...it's very nice. Here's the deal...STAY ON THE RIGHT SIDE of Respass Road. I would not look at the Bennett's creek area. The homes there are the same construction as burbage and the Steeplechase and Kempton Park neighborhoods are about the same and very friendly/nice (lots of friends over there) BUT those kids go to Creekside, which is newer, but not as nice. Drive by College square sometime....THOSE KIDS go to creekside elem....i know it's closer to northern shores, but they do go to creekside....the Riverfront/Harbourview kids all go to NOrthern Shores elementary. I also have friends in Bayberry Cove, super nice neighborhood, but most of them are going to private school to avoid Florence Bowser Elem, which is falling apart. Northern Shores is the nicest Suffolk Elementary school and Burbage is a very pleasant neighborhood. I would not recommend the duplexes or townhomes...again, stick to the right hand side of the road....Castlewood is very nice....in fact, with the economy being what it is, you may be able to score something affordable in Riverfront....check it out! If you want public elem, go with burbage (the middle school is iffy, though). If you can afford a nice private school, burbage, steeplechase, kempton park, meadows, there's a ton of nice ones you can check out....brittany farms even? We've lived here 3 years, LOVE our neighbors, would suggest a cul-de-sac, love the pool in the summer, no one we know personally has had a break in or car stolen (although such things happen occasionally as reported in the paper in this and every neighborhood)....i also do not know anyone who's fallen into a sinkhole (really???)....it's a very generic, pleasant, suburban kind of place to live...

Old 04-18-2010, 04:03 PM

61 posts, read 141,961 times
I have a friend in Suffolk that said that there will be redistricting in the near future to "even out" the schools. This isn't necessarily a bad thing ----- if it happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area