Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2010, 03:31 PM

1 posts, read 2,591 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are looking to buy a house for around $200,000. I found some condos online that looked nice. Does anyone know about Edgewood at Belleharbour Condos that are built by Napolitano Homes? Is the neighborhood in that area nice? It looks like it is just off Townepoint Rd near Bridge Rd. Thanks for any help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2010, 04:19 PM

3,848 posts, read 9,288,880 times
That's not a good area, really. I wouldn't live there. Check out some of these:

2016 NICKLAUS DR, Suffolk, VA 23435
2018 Nicklaus Dr Suffolk, VA 23435 : RealEstateBook.com

Those are both in the Harbour View development. Both listed at the $230K mark.

These are all in the Riverfront at Harbour View (much nicer then just Harbour View and 10000000 times nicer then Edgewater!) and fall more in to your budget:

308 WATERS EDGE LN, Suffolk, VA 23435

2604 Waters Edge Lane In Suffolk, Va Home For Sale (http://www.roseandwomble.com/ForSale/HamptonRoads/propertydetail.aspx?propid=REIN|0922697 - broken link)

Old 04-26-2010, 06:19 AM

36 posts, read 110,562 times
I always recommend to my clients to drive by the area you may be considering at different times on the weekends and weekdays. Any area that might be acceptable to me, might not be acceptable for you and vice versa. You owe it to yourself to go check it out.

If you are planning on working with a buyers agent (possibly to look at resale homes too), it is best to meet with your agent before visiting a new construction site. They will be able to give the the pros and cons of buying new construction vs. resale as well as make sure you are represented during the transaction. (The site agent represents the builder)

Old 04-26-2010, 07:37 AM

1,123 posts, read 5,317,975 times
Sorry, I have to totally disagree with Coconuts on this one. There is nothing wrong with this area. The builder is a good builder and the area is nice - although there is much room for development all around. In the future years, it could become crowded, but for the next several years you are fine.

The subdivision is right behind a HUGE synagogue and they have just built a new hotel there. Further down the street, there are senior apartments and that is the only thing there. My father is moving to those apartments so I can assure you that I have researched the area. Plus, I live nearby and am also familiar with the area.

Old 04-26-2010, 08:45 AM

3,848 posts, read 9,288,880 times
I think you might be confusing the two developments, Stacey. The Edgewater condos are access by the Belleharbour Apartments further down Bridge Road. Napolitano is a slick man and it doesn't surprise me he tries to confuse the areas.

Behind the synagogue is Belleharbour Woods. That's a single family development and is right next to the Harbour Breeze development. I agree, there's nothing wrong with that development (location and safety wise) and there's nothing wrong with the new senior apartments there.

But, like I said the Edgewater condos cannot be accessed from the Belleharbour Woods area, you have to get back on to Bridge Road, drive down to the Belleharbour Apartments, then take a right. The Edgewater condos are surrounded by apartments and less than desirable, older, single family homes. I toured the Edgewater condos and the quality was cheap and the surroundings not appealing.

For the same price I would stick with Waters Edge over in the Riverfront.

Old 04-26-2010, 08:09 PM

61 posts, read 154,953 times
I have a friend that lives in a townhouse near Harborview, and the builder didn't put any insulation under the siding, because he found out that he could save money. She had all the siding removed and insulation added and new siding installed====EXPENSIVE!
I also know someone that had a home built partially with bad Chinese drywall in Suffolk.
I wonder if building was happening so fast that lots of things got overlooked.
I would talk to local residents and ask them about construction etc...
I also think that older construction is often better in Hampton Roads--- bigger lots and more hardwoods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area