U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2010, 04:03 AM

80 posts, read 185,784 times

Advertisements

Can anyone offer any insight on the area? safety, location, cost of living, etc. Thanks!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2010, 04:14 AM

3,506 posts, read 12,554,379 times
Lynbrook Landing is a pretty cheap area to live, close to the schools and such, but has gone to the section 8 residence about 8 years ago. It turned into a run down-crime ridden neighborhood frequented by Virginia Beach's finest (police dept.). If you like the "boom de boom" all hours of the nite and the attempted incognito drug dealing, that's your place. I beat feet after 20 years in 2005. We used to have alot of home owners back in the day who cared about their property and homes, then they decided to let William E. Wood manage their property when they out grew the townhomes and that totally took the whole area down. I find it to be an overflow of Lake Edwards residents.

Old 05-04-2010, 04:09 PM

1,653 posts, read 5,406,397 times
Lynnbrook Landing, Lake Edwards, Campus East, etc. all kinda run together. None are the most desirable areas of VB, but if you do end up there I'm sure you'd be fine if you're smart. I have some friends who grew up in Lynnbrook, some of them still living there, and they've never had a problem to my knowledge.

It's not really a place where you should fear being shot or anything, but drugs and thefts happen for sure. Wouldn't really want to walk around alone at night.

Old 05-04-2010, 06:01 PM

Kind-of unrelated, but I just read an article about a man found wandering around the intersection of N. Witchduck and Virginia Beach Blvd saying he didn't know who he was. Come to find out, he lives in Lynnbrook Landing. Go figure!

Old 05-04-2010, 07:51 PM

3,506 posts, read 12,554,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xGrendelx View Post
Kind-of unrelated, but I just read an article about a man found wandering around the intersection of N. Witchduck and Virginia Beach Blvd saying he didn't know who he was. Come to find out, he lives in Lynnbrook Landing. Go figure!
well...was it one of your friends that grew up there? just kidding. Believe me, I lived there a year after it was developed, for 20 after that and the little park was nothing but a big dark drug deal at nite. The swing sets were ruined, the picnic tables were all carved up and the lil bastards painted the mail boxes on the street for the townhomes. You got guys renovating cars in the driveways of the townhomes on the main road. It's just gone downhill since 2004.

Old 05-04-2010, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erma View Post
well...was it one of your friends that grew up there? just kidding.
Haha, I don't know. I'll have to check to see if a name was released.

Old 05-05-2010, 10:01 AM

80 posts, read 185,784 times
well I guess that rules out the area lol. thanks for the responses!

Old 05-07-2010, 10:04 AM

69 posts, read 211,999 times
i grew up in the little neighborhood behind lynnbrook when it was first built. it was nice, everyone knew everyone, at least on my street. nowadays i've revisited and it's just bad. not somewhere you'd want to live. it's so sad to see places go downhill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area