U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2010, 04:22 PM

92 posts, read 269,642 times

Advertisements

We went last year and had a great time. Lots of things to see and do, and a great way to spend the day relatively inexpensively as long as you just browse! I know the food and stuff can add up, but its all awesome! We certainly didnt have anything like it in SNJ, unless you went to the Cowtown Rodeo!

I vividly remember lots of folks brought their dogs..all on leashes, of course! I will never forget it, cuz my dtr stopped to pet almost every single dog she saw!

Now that WE have a dog, we are very conscious of places being 'pet friendly'. I totally understand places and venues NOT being pet friendly...thats their perrogative! We just tend to gravitate towards places that allow dogs. Ours is a 7lb Yorkie...very small and one of the friendliest dogs you will ever meet!!

OK..back on track..this year we were reading the Pungo website, and noted that it stated NO PETS..but..that was on the Vendors Application. So, one would assume that meant vendors cant bring dogs. I guess that makes sense. I actually brought the subject up to my Landlord, who is a venor there, and she said folks bring dogs every year, but vendors arent allowed to. We searched the site and nowhere else did it say no pets. So I called them, and a woman stated "No Pets". I called again, got another woman who said "of course, pets on a leash, please.."

So...I'd hate to waste the trip to Pungo only to be told we cant get in.

Anyone familiar with the Festival? Should we make the trip? Thats kind of a hike from SoNo only to be turned away...

Any feedback appreciated!

Wendy
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2010, 06:06 AM

1,477 posts, read 5,412,811 times
I was down there this past weekend and they were starting to set a few things up....they have signs everywhere this year stating NO DOGS....so I guess mine will have to stay at home this year

Old 05-30-2010, 10:28 AM

92 posts, read 269,642 times
Well, got a few calls from friends yesterday..'there were lots of dogs there'.

Im disappointed we didnt go, but I couldnt take the chance we'd make the drive, pay for parking then be told we'd have to leave our dog in the car..

Annoyed.

Old 05-31-2010, 05:35 AM

486 posts, read 1,812,600 times
The strawberries they were selling weren't even local...

Old 05-31-2010, 07:21 AM

5,926 posts, read 8,838,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhrichmond View Post

Yeah that's what I heard. We went picking yesterday at a field by our house. The man who runs it told us the berries peaked about 2 weeks ago because it got warm to early (I think I missed the warm somehow). He said a lot the berries were trucked in from CA.

Old 05-31-2010, 07:36 PM

29,624 posts, read 36,170,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhrichmond View Post
I didn't go this year, I had too many other things going on. But surely you understand that there is no way that anyone can predict exactly when the strawberries will peak. Every other year that I have been, the strawberries were absolutely local ( I know because lots of the folks selling them are my relatives!!) and I have always been surprised how good the timing had worked.

Old 06-02-2010, 05:53 PM

3,508 posts, read 12,504,259 times
We didn't go either, but our friends went picking and brought us many quarts to which I gratefully cleaned, quartered and bagged.

Old 06-03-2010, 06:14 AM

1,477 posts, read 5,412,811 times
I did not go either this year but the wife did go out Sunday morning to one of the local fields in Pungo and picked a ton of Strawberries, so if you wanted "local" strawberries they were there to be had
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area