Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2007, 01:54 PM

19 posts, read 71,074 times

Advertisements

I just moved to the Hampton area and is staying with my brother. Not many places to live that I liked unless you have about $1500 a month to pay in rent. I was wondering if anyone no of any rent to own places or just to rent places in the Virginia Beach area because that is where I am trying to move to now. One thing is I am a single mother with three young children so the community, crime, and schools play a big part into where I can move. I just cant move into no bad area with kids. I would greatly appreciate someones help.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2007, 08:25 PM

163 posts, read 662,568 times
Default Try Craigslist

I am moving to the Tidewater area in a few weeks, and we found our rental house on craigslist.org. There are dozens of new listings on that site each day. I have noticed that they include a number of rent-to-own offers. Just click on "Virginia" and then the "Hampton Roads" link. You might also contact local realtors. Even if the home is listed for conventional sale and not rent-to-own, the current owners might be willing to work with you, especially if they are desparate to move or the house has been on the market for a while.

Old 06-27-2007, 09:11 AM

1,123 posts, read 5,313,751 times
I moved down here almost 4 years ago - right after Isabel. I HAD a place to rent, but after the hurricane he changed his mind to give the house to someone who lost theirs. So I moved down and had to live with the in-laws, which was fine. I looked everywhere after that! Trying to get a feel for the neighborhoods.

This area is very strange - I have never seen an area that has so many pockets of 'bad areas' right next to good areas. I still am wary when I travel around because you never know. So my advice is to rent until you find somewhere that you feel good about. I found a SFH to rent for several hundred less than an apt. Most of the homes tend to be older here and command less rent than the average newer apt. I moved during the high sellers market and decided not to buy right away again - BOY, I am sooooo glad I didn't. I may not be investing my money wisely, but buying here does not feel right. This is just a transition area for me.

Turns out that we may have an opportunity to move to Florida for hubby's job so selling a house right now would be bad - made the right decision.

Old 08-10-2009, 02:13 PM

1 posts, read 12,299 times
Smile duplex for rent

there are several duplex's on sargeant st in buckroe that are for rent the rent is okay.so if you don't mind the area the rent is fairly reasonable.the duplexs are at least two bedrooms & are just about 10 min from buckroe beach,the schools are good in this area also.you may want to check them out...

Old 08-10-2009, 02:50 PM

520 posts, read 1,619,450 times
Thread is from 2007 :-) They probably already left.

Old 05-22-2011, 03:20 PM

2 posts, read 7,304 times
55plus couple--along with daughter and son-in-law,relocating to Hampton,VA. From the message boards I have read, we hope this is not the wrong decision. Both spouse and I receive SSDA. Anticipated move is 2 1/2 to 3 months. Open to CHESAPEAKE and VIRGINIA BEACH areas. Need rental with 2bedrooms and 2 full baths. Open to rent to own plan. Hoping that this anticipated move is better than the awful experiences in Denver.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area