Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Harrisburg area
 [Register]
Harrisburg area Cumberland, Dauphin, and Perry Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2010, 06:39 PM

109 posts, read 367,967 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone! If anyone has been following my posts then I have an update: We are officially moving to Harrisburg in approximately 40 or so days. We are very excited. However, a problem I have encountered is in finding rentals. I have two (well tamed) dogs and I have been having the darndest time trying to find a place that is big enough (1200 square feet) and that has an enclosed yard.

So, I was wondering if the good folks out there in Harrisburg, could recommend a place/rental town home complex that has what we need (space and enclosed yard) that may not necessarily be advertised (which is why we haven't been able to find any). We are specifically looking for rental homes or townhomes or duplex's, as long as it has an enclosed yard and space. Any ideas??? Our price range is max of $1250.

And yes, I have searched craigslist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2010, 08:16 PM

13,254 posts, read 33,504,937 times
Did you look here Real Estate Listings, Homes for Sale and Rental Property Listings – REALTOR.com® or here Harrisburg Home Rentals, Homes for Rent in Harrisburg PA, Apartments, Houses for Rent, and Rental Homes in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania ?

Please note that these links are allowed because they do not list specific Realtor companies.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 06-15-2010, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toobusytoday View Post
Thanks toobusytoday,

I didn't try realtor.com but I did try the other link. Thanks for the suggestion and I will definitely look it up right now.

Edit: Realtor.com did not have anything at all under harrisburg, camp hill, carlisle, etc. as far as rentals go. Back to the drawing board

Old 06-16-2010, 06:21 AM

4,277 posts, read 11,778,884 times
In Harrisburg some people still use that battery-free ink-stained medium that also comes up here: Pennsylvania Real Estate Listings: Homes for Sale - PennLive.com

Old 06-23-2010, 01:12 PM

Ok, so I ended up just deciding to rent a townhome at the Terraces at Springford in Harrisburg. I really wanted a rental home but it was too much of a pain to try to do it long distance. It has a pretty big dog park on the premises and the unit we got is right across the street from it. We move in a couple of weeks so hopefully we made a good choice. I looked up the reviews and did our research but you never really know what it will be like until you move. Hopefully this location was a good choice. If not, we're only there for 6 months anyway, and then we are buying. Thanks everyone!

Old 06-25-2010, 07:59 AM

1,434 posts, read 3,920,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudgecopper View Post
I looked up the reviews and did our research but you never really know what it will be like until you move. Hopefully this location was a good choice. If not, we're only there for 6 months anyway, and then we are buying. Thanks everyone!
Springford is a good community. It's not my personal style, but it's a good area with no major problems. Always take apartment reviews with a grain of salt; you never know how many employees / evicted renters / competing employees / etc post in there.

Glad you found what you're looking for!

Old 06-25-2010, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floor9 View Post
Springford is a good community. It's not my personal style, but it's a good area with no major problems. Always take apartment reviews with a grain of salt; you never know how many employees / evicted renters / competing employees / etc post in there.

Glad you found what you're looking for!

Why is it not your personal style? What's it like?

Old 06-28-2010, 10:44 AM

1,434 posts, read 3,920,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudgecopper View Post
Why is it not your personal style? What's it like?
Springford is suburban garden-style apartments and townhomes. I prefer hi-rise living within the city proper.

Old 06-29-2010, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floor9 View Post
Springford is suburban garden-style apartments and townhomes. I prefer hi-rise living within the city proper.
Yes I agree. I like those as well but with two dogs...we have to take the suburban garden style living. Lucky you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Harrisburg area