Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Harrisburg area
 [Register]
Harrisburg area Cumberland, Dauphin, and Perry Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2010, 01:34 AM

7 posts, read 9,193 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone..
I'm Nat from BKK,Thailand
Next year, i will go to USA[PA] for work and travel
I have to work at Hershey's factory..
So, i want to know about the life of this state.

1. How about weather in March? How much does the temperature?

2. How interesting attractions?

3. Where's i can buy necessaries?

Etc.

I will go there as a student and this is first time I went overseas.
I need information , Thanks )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2010, 09:00 AM

1,434 posts, read 3,921,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naitre View Post
Hello everyone..
I'm Nat from BKK,Thailand
Next year, i will go to USA[PA] for work and travel
I have to work at Hershey's factory..
So, i want to know about the life of this state.

1. How about weather in March? How much does the temperature?
2. How interesting attractions?
3. Where's i can buy necessaries?
Etc.

I will go there as a student and this is first time I went overseas.
I need information , Thanks )
Hello Nat! The answers to some of your questions depend on how old you are, how much you want to spend, and whether you have access to transportation. Note that our public / mass transportation in this area is very limited compared to larger cities.

1) Weather in March is anything but predictable! Average temperature is usually around 45-50 degrees Fahrenheit (7-10 degrees Celsius). However, this past March saw daytime temperatures between 40 and 80 degrees Fahrenheit (4 to 27 degrees Celsius) and nighttime temperatures from 25 - 58 degrees Fahrenheit (-4 to 14 Celsius). March usually starts off with a lot of wind, rain, snow, and freezing rain, and ends with warmer, drier weather. We have a saying -- "March comes in like a lion, goes out like a lamb".

Weather Station History : Hershey, PA

2) There are a number of activities throughout the year in Hershey, especially in and around Hersheypark. There are a number concerts, shows, and exhibitions, most of which will cost $10 - $50 for admission. Hershey also has a number of movie theaters, libraries, and shopping centers nearby, and there are a number of restaurants, bars, and music venues in town.

The city of Harrisburg is about 15-20 minutes from Hershey. Harrisburg is our state capitol and has a LOT of options to pass the time: multiple small art galleries, the state museum, a number of parks (including Riverfront Park, which runs for several miles along the Susquehanna River), the Capitol Complex (a plaza where a large percentage of our state government resides), shopping, and lots of unique architecture and photographic opportunities. There are also a number of ethnic neighborhoods and shops throughout the city.

Also, if you're 21 or older (the legal age for drinking here in the US), you will definitely want to visit downtown Harrisburg on a Friday or Saturday night. We have a bustling nightlife district along Second Street from Strawberry St to Pine St. You'll find nightclubs, ultralounges, martini bars, pubs, restaurants, sports bars, and a steady crowd of people mostly in their 20s and 30s. The area is safe, but I strongly recommend going with friends or coworkers.

Our region is also filled with a LOT of natural scenery and historic sites, many of which are free.

Finally, depending on how much free time you have and how independent you are, there are Amtrak (train) stations in Harrisburg and Middletown. If you book at least a week in advance, a round-trip ticket to Philadelphia will usually cost around $50. New York City will usually be about $100.

3) There are a number of stores in and around Hershey that sell anything you need. There's a Wal-Mart about 10 minutes to the east, which sells EVERYTHING. There are several drug stores (toiletries, medicines, basic supplies, etc) in-town. There is also a large outlet center (discount brand-name stores) in Hershey next to Hersheypark, but I personally find it to be a little over-rated.

If there's anything specific you'd like to know about or are interested in seeing (historic sites, natural parks, live music, dining, etc), I'll be happy to give you some more specific information. Feel free to ask!

Welcome to our state, and I hope you enjoy your time here!

Old 11-30-2010, 12:18 AM

7 posts, read 9,193 times
Thanks a lot ,Floor 9
It's a really good information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Harrisburg area