Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Harrisburg area
 [Register]
Harrisburg area Cumberland, Dauphin, and Perry Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2011, 08:34 AM

306 posts, read 434,833 times

Advertisements

I am considering a move to the Harrisburg area from Fairfax, VA.

My situation is that I can bring my job with me and work from home. It is not something that I anticipate will last more than 6 more months so I will be looking for a job eventually.

Other than downtown Harrisburg, where are some of the larger "Business Centers" or clusters of office buildings in the area?

You can include surrounding towns/cities. I would be interested in hearing about York and Lancaster as well.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2011, 08:54 AM

4,277 posts, read 11,717,676 times
In Downtown Harrisburg, other than Penn National Insurance most of the offices are lobbyist/legal types who have value in paying for proximity to levers of power.

Hersha's office is by itself past midtown (or at least most of it), although the converted mansions from here along North Front Street out to and even past I-81 exit 66 might be considered a dispersed cluster, in the northern end of Harrisburg City and out into Susquehanna Township.

An office building cluster is near the Erford Road interchange from the Harvey Taylor bridge bypass, one of the four lane limited access highways in the area with no number. The headquarters of Rite Aid, Harsco, Gannett Fleming, and a number of other smaller businesses (still including a few lobbyists) are in this locale, most with a Camp Hill postal address although the complex is where the municipal boundaries of Camp Hill Borough, East Pennsboro Township, and Wormleysburg Borough intersect.

Another cluster is the Rossmoyne Business Center beside the US 15/I-76 interchange, plus a couple of others nearby, this generally has a Mechanicsburg postal address on the border of Upper Allen and Lower Allen townships.

Other office building clusters are near I-83 exit 48 (Union Deposit Road, Lower Paxton Twp), I-81 exit 69 (Progress Ave, Susquehanna Twp), I-81 exit 72 (Paxtonia/Linglestown, Lower Paxton Twp), and a newer still relatively small cluster at I-81 exit 61 (Wertzville Rd, Hampden Twp).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Harrisburg area