Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Harrisburg area
 [Register]
Harrisburg area Cumberland, Dauphin, and Perry Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2011, 11:24 AM

2,095 posts, read 3,102,717 times

Advertisements

Hi there,

I will be completing an internship with the Commonwealth during the Fall 2011 semester, and am looking to find short term rentals or extended stay hotels in the Harrisburg area. I know there are plenty of apartment places in the vicinity of the Capitol complex, but I need one that offers short term or no leases.

Also, I will be keeping my car with me so parking is essential. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Here are my answers to the sticky:

When are you moving?
Beginning of September

Where are you coming from?
Eastern part of the state, near Lehigh Valley area

Why are you moving?
Internship

Where will you be working?
With the state

Have you been here yet?
Yes

Will you buy or rent?
Rent, short term

If renting, are you looking for an apartment, a townhouse or loft? How much can you spend?
Hoping to spend a maximum of $1500/month

Do you prefer hi-rise or walk up?
Hi-rise if possible, I also would prefer something furnished but clean.

Are you married or single? Do you have children?
Single, no kids

Do you prefer public or private schools?
N/A

Do you have pets?
N/A

Do you want or need a yard?
No

Are you keeping a car?
Yes

Do you prefer bustling activity or calm and quiet?
A mixture of both; I would prefer to not be in the sticks

What do you want to be closest to?
Work
Shopping
Basic services (supermarket, drugstore, etc.)
Nightlife
Train or subway stations

All of the above

Do you want to live with people of a similar age, race, religion or sexual preference or do you prefer a diverse neighborhood?

Doesn't matter

Phillies, Pirates or Orioles?

I prefer a good book J
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2011, 12:04 PM

1,434 posts, read 3,922,748 times
Sounds like Lofts at 909 are what you're looking for. It's a low-rise near Green & Maclay in downtown Harrisburg. The neighborhood is decent, you're a block from the Capitol Complex, they're fully-furnished, and parking is available on-site. I am fairly certain they offer short-term leasing.

Also take a look at River Plaza and The Grayco. I am fairly certain that both offer short-term leases and furnished apartments. Both also include all utilities. The Grayco is a very chic art-deco mid-rise building that has been beautifully restored, and is maybe two blocks from the Complex. Unfortunately the only parking available is on-street. River Plaza has on-site parking, but is quite far from downtown.

Executive House, Pennsylvania Place, and Townhouse are the remaining residential hirises in the area. Executive House is the cheapest, and like The Grayco, includes all utilities. I have never lived in Pennsylvania Place, but my experiences with their lease staff as a prospective tenant have been disappointing at best. Townhouse is a block from the Complex. All three of these feature on-site parking, and I believe all offer short-term leases.

Old 08-12-2011, 04:17 PM

2,095 posts, read 3,102,717 times
Sorry to take so long to respond but I wanted to thank you for your suggestion. I went to look at one of the buildings you mentioned, and it was exactly what I am looking for. Very clean and in a great spot, not far from downtown activity and right near the Capitol Complex.

Thanks again -- now fingers crossed that I get in and everything works out!

Old 08-12-2011, 04:51 PM

1,434 posts, read 3,922,748 times
Glad to help, and welcome to downtown!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Harrisburg area
View detailed profiles of: