Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Harrisburg area
 [Register]
Harrisburg area Cumberland, Dauphin, and Perry Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2012, 10:11 PM

1 posts, read 1,334 times

Advertisements

I'm a student at Shippensburg University with an internship in the Harrisburg/Hershey area for the summer (4 months from May until August). The commute is long enough that I'd like to find an affordable short term rental in the area. I've got my own furniture, so I don't need "Corporate Housing" (those are usually way more expensive). However, if a nice, affordable place came furnished that would also be great.

In general, what options are available in the Harrisburg/Hershey area for a short term renter such as myself?

When are you moving? I'll be here from May until August (4 months)
Where are you coming from? Shippensburg, PA
Why are you moving? Internship
Where will you be working? Near interstate 81, Paxtonia exit
Have you been here yet? A little bit, though not for house hunting

Will you buy or rent? Short term rental from May until August (4 months total)
How much can you spend? What's a normal price for the area? In Ship a 1 bedroom place rents for $450-$600, but it looks like this area is a bit more expensive. Is $550-$650 reasonable for a good place that isn't in a bad neighborhood? Are there any areas I should avoid in my search?

Are you married or single? Do you have children? Pets? Single, no kids, no pets
Do you want or need a yard? Don't care as long I don't have to maintain it
Are you keeping a car? Yes, and off-street parking is greatly preferred
Do you prefer bustling activity or calm and quiet? Prefer calm and quiet

What do you want to be closest to?
Work, interstate 81 near the Paxtonia exit

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Harrisburg area