Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Harrisburg area
 [Register]
Harrisburg area Cumberland, Dauphin, and Perry Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2015, 11:50 AM

1 posts, read 2,238 times

Advertisements

Looking to move to Lancaster, PA in about 2 months. Does anybody know any eviction friendly apartments. The eviction was over 2 years ago. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2015, 06:27 PM

7,541 posts, read 10,258,906 times
If you've paid the money you owe the other landlord, you should be able to get someone to overlook it and realize it was a one time thing particularly if you offer collateral to assure your future payments.

Old 03-16-2015, 07:07 AM

75 posts, read 97,701 times
I like Spam is correct. If you have paid your debt people tend to forgive. If not, it's whole other matter.

Old 03-20-2015, 05:45 AM

62 posts, read 84,127 times
I live in Lanc and I can tell you you will have a tough time. I want to sell my house so bad which I thought would be the challenge but it turns out finding a suitable apt. is my biggest challenge and I have good credit and payment history with my mortgage up to date and never late on anything. The problem is there are very few rentals available outside of apt. complexes/communities and those are run my management companies with strict lease requirements. one being good credit, some others being a minimum income requirement of 3.25% x your monthly rent which is very high around here now. They may not all be that high of a percentage but i came across a bunch at that amount. I'll be lucky if I can find a 1 brdm for under 900.00 and that wouldnt include utilities or be anything fancy but at least in a decent neighborhood. You didnt say if you have work lined up but you do need verifiable employment as well and empl. history. You may find something a little cheaper in the city or in immediate outskirts but dont expect anything nice or even what I would consider a safe area. I'm not even looking for luxury place or anything. I started searching about 6 months ago and the place i was going to consider raised their rate for a 1bd from 785.00 to 930.00 in just the past few months. the rates fluctuate by supply/demand and the complexes can do what they want b/c that's all that is available. The real estate economy has hit us here too and b/c of that you will not find much. I never thought this would be a problem. I also have 2 cats which is making it more difficult but even without them my options would still be very limited.
I have found the site Hotpads.com has all the same listings you would find on other rentals sites. You might find some on Craigslist but Ive found theres more scammers on there than anything. Lesson I learned with CL, if they dont identitfy the address in the ad then its a scam. every single one I emailed for address info turned out to be a scammer wanting a down payment on a bogus property or someone telling you you have to fill out credit app first so they can get your identity info. If you're still looking when you get here you can pick up a local weekly paper called The Merchandiser, they're in most convience stores but not online. A lot of the local smaller apt. building owners may advertise on there. If you find something you almost have to snatch it up right away b/c they go quick. Those are really going to be your only option if you dont have good payment and references.
Good luck on your move.

Last edited by CCG2015; 03-20-2015 at 06:18 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Harrisburg area
View detailed profiles of: