Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Harrisburg area
 [Register]
Harrisburg area Cumberland, Dauphin, and Perry Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2013, 10:11 PM

38 posts, read 109,125 times

Advertisements

I am a young professional looking to relocate to York PA for a job. Would be looking to rent initially with a baby. What are some good areas that are reasonable good daycares and schools?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2014, 03:58 PM

12 posts, read 20,247 times
Hi, I don't live in York but my family does. I would recommend moving to camp hill area. York is O.K. but the schools are not as good as Cumberland valley. You have a baby so if York is the choice, stay in the York Suburban district. Try to find a daycare like Country Day school or a Montessori. Once ur kid is of age, they can stay in country day for elementary to high school, or at least be in the best school district in the area (York suburban) Down town York SUCKS. My uncle who is a empty nester businessman lives there. It's great if you are kid free, or kids are going to private. Look for financial aid. Private is worth it. Also research Common Core which is an educational reform in public schools. Schools are not the same as we remember it. This will impact your child. Good luck on ur search.

Old 11-24-2014, 05:04 PM

2,050 posts, read 5,941,289 times
If you live in the York area, rent outside of the city itself....there are loads of daycare options. When your child gets ready to start school, or when you are able to purchase a home, you'll want to be in either York Suburban, Central York or Dallastown districts.

Old 11-27-2014, 09:36 AM

52 posts, read 109,513 times
Don't do it. You will miss Florida, the weather, and the beaches.

Old 12-01-2014, 08:59 PM

1 posts, read 1,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mvmdmd View Post
Don't do it. You will miss Florida, the weather, and the beaches.
Thanks for the warning, but I don't get to visit the beach much. 2 times a year at the most. I live 10 miles away. My husband and I are too busy working or enriching our children with activities. Then we are too broke because the cost of life is costly. The weather is fantastic in the winter, but still cold. When I say cold, I mean it's 30 degrees in the A.M. then in the afternoon its 80 then by dinner time it's 30 again. You are never prepared or properly dressed for the weather. It's very frustrating. My mind is set. Yes, winter will suck chestnuts, but I will enjoy the change of seasons, hopefully more down to earth people with values, better schools and bigger homes more suited for families. Though, I will take your word and create lasting memories once it gets warmer before my pilgrimage up to dutch country. I know I will miss the beach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Harrisburg area