Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Harrisburg area
 [Register]
Harrisburg area Cumberland, Dauphin, and Perry Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2016, 08:41 AM
Status: "See My Blog Entries for my Top 500 Most Important USA Cities" (set 8 days ago)

1,051 posts, read 977,648 times

Advertisements

The PA state government under Governor Wolf has officially decided to begin providing a $3 million redevelopment grant through the DCED to redevelop 15 Harrisburg Redevelopment Authority properties and one privately owned property into 50 new, high quality affordable apartments in the Allison Hill section of Harrisburg city. There will also be commercial space on the first floors.

The Harrisburg Housing Authority will tear down some existing structures and then construct three new buildings: one 26-unit, one 21-unit, and one 3-unit. The funds will also be used to clean up an illegal dumping ground and to then construct an overlook and a pedestrian bridge at the dead-end of Derry Street, to server as a connector into the downtown area. This project will be located close to the recently-added nearby Harrisburg Police Department sub-station.

The "Mulder Square Project" is named after the two adjoining streets of Mulberry and Derry Streets. Work on the project can begin as early as early 2017.

While I find it interesting that this news piece/announcement from the government was released only a few days before November 8, politics aside, do you think this project will be a step in the right direction to help revitalize this section of the Allison Hill neighborhood? Do you think this project could be the start of a new wave of redevelopment in the area? Or, do you think the project will only affect the immediate area and maybe a few surrounding blocks, and really not spread any lasting, long-term benefits? Does anyone know if these types of redevelopment grants common, and how do they usually turn out?

Last edited by g500; 10-27-2016 at 08:54 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2016, 06:26 AM

4,277 posts, read 11,784,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g500 View Post
The "Mulder Square Project" is named after the two adjoining streets of Mulberry and Derry Streets.
That's the story *they* tell you. The truth is out there!

(wonder if, in some twisted example of viral psychology, it could be promoted as a pilgrimage site for X-Files fans)

Old 10-28-2016, 06:29 AM

4,876 posts, read 4,203,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ki0eh View Post

(wonder if, in some twisted example of viral psychology, it could be promoted as a pilgrimage site for X-Files fans)

I don't think the PTB in PA have the creativity to come up with that.

Old 10-28-2016, 07:04 AM
Status: "See My Blog Entries for my Top 500 Most Important USA Cities" (set 8 days ago)

1,051 posts, read 977,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ki0eh View Post

I needed this!! LOL!!! If it ends up being a pilgrimage site, maybe this is exactly the place to have a "close encounter".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Harrisburg area
View detailed profiles of: