Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Harrisburg area
 [Register]
Harrisburg area Cumberland, Dauphin, and Perry Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2021, 06:43 PM

2,771 posts, read 4,530,917 times

Advertisements

I need suggestions on Easter dinner restaurants. I’ll be in the Lancaster area. I know most of Lancaster is shut down on Sundays. Looking for something a little more upscale than Texas Road house. Prefer a Steakhouse but American or Italian will do. Willing to drive 30 minutes +/-

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2021, 09:10 AM

2,539 posts, read 2,314,343 times
Your best steakhouse in the region that has an elevated and upscale feel will be:

Devon seafood grill, which is a very nice seafood and steakhouse located in Hershey which is only about 25/30 minutes from Lancaster and worth the drive.

The food is very good, its located in downtown Hershey (which is quaint) and the restaurant has a nice ambiance as well.

They actually have a special Easter Dinner menu offering.

The following are some of Lancaster's "elevated New American" restaurants, but they do not necessarily have steak....

1) Plough Lancaster is an upscale restaurant in Lancaster with New American and some pasta offerings. I'm not sure about steaks.

2) John J Jeffries is also an elevated New American restaurant.

3) Pressroom. They have a really nice courtyard/outdoor area, there menu is quite small right now though and I think they are only focused on drinks at the moment.

And I also recommend:

The Horse inn - it is probably the best of the ones I recommended in Lancaster itself, it is not quite as upscale in the ambiance, but it is very nice and the food is good and they do serve steak I believe. The ambiance though is not really elevated though.

I think you would be happy with Devon. Good luck!

Last edited by rowhomecity; 03-16-2021 at 09:26 AM..

Old 03-16-2021, 12:52 PM

5,301 posts, read 6,179,553 times
If the OP will drive to Lancaster, The Hotel Hershey offers an Easter Sunday brunch buffet. If interested, make reservations early as it is very popular.

https://www.thehotelhershey.com/asse...ter-brunch.pdf

Old 03-17-2021, 03:00 AM

2,539 posts, read 2,314,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wells5 View Post
If the OP will drive to Lancaster, The Hotel Hershey offers an Easter Sunday brunch buffet. If interested, make reservations early as it is very popular.

https://www.thehotelhershey.com/asse...ter-brunch.pdf
Yea the Hotel Hershey is really really nice. And for $56 that is actually a steal for the amount of elevated offerings in that menu. Just bring your blazer! They have a dress code. The Hotel Hershey is 5 stars... you could consider it the Four Seasons/Ritz Carlton of the Susquehanna Valley.

Old 03-17-2021, 04:28 PM

52 posts, read 40,187 times
If you're looking for something a little more out of the ordinary, Strasburg Rail Road is offering Easter Dinner aboard its 45-minute steam train excursion on Sunday, April 4th. Our food & beverage service was recently brought in-house and is now under the direction of a former Executive Chef from Disney. https://www.strasburgrailroad.com/ri...ster-dinner-3/

Old 03-17-2021, 06:08 PM

29 posts, read 48,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowhomecity View Post
Yea the Hotel Hershey is really really nice. And for $56 that is actually a steal for the amount of elevated offerings in that menu. Just bring your blazer! They have a dress code. The Hotel Hershey is 5 stars... you could consider it the Four Seasons/Ritz Carlton of the Susquehanna Valley.
That linked menu says:

Dress Code is resort casual including stylish jeans & optional sport coats for men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Harrisburg area