U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Harrisburg area
 [Register]
Harrisburg area Cumberland, Dauphin, and Perry Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-18-2008, 05:14 PM
 
9 posts, read 27,281 times
Reputation: 16

Advertisements

Hi, I am scheduling for my next job in Mechanicsburg,PA by next week.Can someone please brief me about public transportation,airport details,apartment details,grocery stores..so I can easily make my plan!!.
Your help will be highly appreciated.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-19-2008, 11:05 AM
 
Location: Center City Philadelphia
1,099 posts, read 4,359,981 times
Reputation: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by rups1234 View Post
Hi, I am scheduling for my next job in Mechanicsburg,PA by next week.Can someone please brief me about public transportation,airport details,apartment details,grocery stores..so I can easily make my plan!!.
Your help will be highly appreciated.
Mechanicsburg is a large suburban area of Harrisburg, PA. The borough is stocked full of 19th and early 20th century rowhouses and has some lovely Victorian neighborhoods. The townships surrounding Mechanicsburg (Hampden, Silver Spring, Upper Allen, Monroe) all for the most part carry a Mechanicsburg address but they are more suburban and in some cases rural. The public transportation for the Harrisburg area is run by Capital Area Transit and they have two bus routes through Mechanicsburg. One goes down Main street through the borough then onto Harrisburg, and another travels along the Carlisle Pike (a major thoroughfare) north of the borough and onto Carlisle to the west and Harrisburg to the east. Mechanicsburg is very well served by grocery stores with a Giant supermarket in the borough as well as two Giants in the surrounding areas. There is also a large Wegmans just north of the borough along the Carlisle Pike.

The nearest airport is Harrisburg International Airport.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2008, 12:31 PM
 
Location: Alamogordo, NM
259 posts, read 808,613 times
Reputation: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by danwxman View Post
Mechanicsburg is a large suburban area of Harrisburg, PA. The borough is stocked full of 19th and early 20th century rowhouses and has some lovely Victorian neighborhoods. The townships surrounding Mechanicsburg (Hampden, Silver Spring, Upper Allen, Monroe) all for the most part carry a Mechanicsburg address but they are more suburban and in some cases rural. The public transportation for the Harrisburg area is run by Capital Area Transit and they have two bus routes through Mechanicsburg. One goes down Main street through the borough then onto Harrisburg, and another travels along the Carlisle Pike (a major thoroughfare) north of the borough and onto Carlisle to the west and Harrisburg to the east. Mechanicsburg is very well served by grocery stores with a Giant supermarket in the borough as well as two Giants in the surrounding areas. There is also a large Wegmans just north of the borough along the Carlisle Pike.

The nearest airport is Harrisburg International Airport.
Yeh this guy is pretty spot on with his info. The whole area is pretty built up so it's highly unlikely you aren't going to be able to find something you need.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2008, 08:11 PM
 
9 posts, read 27,281 times
Reputation: 16
Thanks for all the info.I appreciated.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2012, 11:44 AM
 
1 posts, read 3,372 times
Reputation: 10
What bus lines in Mechanicsburg, Pa and rental properties connect. I want to rent a place in Mechanicsburg, PA and take the bus to the Navy Yard (Navy Support Activity). Can anyone help?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2012, 09:07 PM
 
50 posts, read 104,172 times
Reputation: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by tncfish View Post
What bus lines in Mechanicsburg, Pa and rental properties connect. I want to rent a place in Mechanicsburg, PA and take the bus to the Navy Yard (Navy Support Activity). Can anyone help?
I have only taken the Route C bus which is a long route that goes the shopping centers in Mechanicsburg all the way to Carlisle. I don't remember passing any apartment complexes, at least in Mechanicsburg. I have also taken Route M but not all the way to Mechanicsburg, only to Camphill.

From what I can see online,Route 81 goes to the Naval Support Activity that you want and Route Highland Park goes to Mechanicsburg too. I have no idea where the rental properties are in Mechanicsburg so I can't help you there.You would have to find out which apts you want to go to and see which one of these buses will access it.

Routes & Schedules | CAT: Capital Area Transit

Last edited by truserenity; 03-06-2012 at 09:18 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-18-2012, 06:51 PM
 
1 posts, read 3,312 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tncfish View Post
What bus lines in Mechanicsburg, Pa and rental properties connect. I want to rent a place in Mechanicsburg, PA and take the bus to the Navy Yard (Navy Support Activity). Can anyone help?
Delbrook Apts. is within walking distance to the Navy Base's east entrance.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2012, 08:51 AM
 
1 posts, read 3,141 times
Reputation: 10
Hi, I am scheduling for my next job in Mechanicsburg,PA by next week.Can someone please brief me about public transportation,airport details,apartment details,grocery stores..so I can easily make my plan!!.
Your help will be highly appreciated.

Read more: [url]//www.city-data.com/forum/harrisburg-area/437891-want-some-information-regarding-mechanicsburg-pa.html#ixzz1uNsBQKin[/url]
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Harrisburg area
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top