U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Harrisburg area
 [Register]
Harrisburg area Cumberland, Dauphin, and Perry Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 03:40 PM

2 posts, read 15,235 times

Advertisements

hi im moving from perry county pa to carlisle pa, and have been hearing many stories about the crime in carlisle pa, I am young, married and have a one year old son, if you have any info, or even comments please let me know
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2008, 07:30 AM

641 posts, read 2,292,729 times
Carlisle used to be nice, but it has degenerated into a drug infested ghetto.

Old 09-26-2008, 01:12 PM

518 posts, read 2,431,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturnal rooster View Post
Carlisle used to be nice, but it has degenerated into a drug infested ghetto.
that is not true. drugs can be found if you so wish, but if you're not looking for them, you'll will not even know they exist in carlisle.
A ghetto? i have never heard carlisle been described as a ghetto and its not a ghetto by any stretch of the imagination.

Old 09-26-2008, 03:56 PM

641 posts, read 2,292,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinetar10 View Post
that is not true. drugs can be found if you so wish, but if you're not looking for them, you'll will not even know they exist in carlisle.
A ghetto? i have never heard carlisle been described as a ghetto and its not a ghetto by any stretch of the imagination.
Well then I guess we will have to agree to disagree

Old 06-01-2009, 04:16 AM

86 posts, read 388,058 times
I have no problems in Carlisle. Nice safe areas abound...

Old 06-05-2009, 11:46 AM

6 posts, read 20,410 times
Default Carlisle

Does anyone know anything about Pheasant Run condos in Carlisle PA?

Old 06-08-2009, 09:06 AM

10,139 posts, read 15,736,862 times
never heard anything about carlisle being a ghetto. drugs are indeed everywhere, a testament to the monumental failure called the drug war

Old 06-09-2009, 06:26 PM

149 posts, read 608,956 times
Have you considered Middlesex Township (CV school district and adjacent to Carlisle)? Another option is Boiling Springs (South Middleton School District), a nice small district. I like small districts.

If you read the Patriot, do other research you can come to you own conclusions about Carlisle. Carlisle is a pretty town with the advantage of Dickinson College, historic architecture, and county seat but also has a population spanning a vast socio-economic range. Carlisle is like a little city. I think, as in most districts, if your kids are high achievers and college-prep then you are ok no matter where you move. Otherwise you need to be careful about the resources in the district. I mentioned CV because it is a VERY rich school district with lots of resources.

Old 08-12-2009, 11:37 AM

259 posts, read 702,414 times
i lived in Pheasant Run condos in the 9th grade. They're okay, but i'd suggest the townhouses in the next block over. MUCH nicer.

and carlisle isn't a ghetto. it's a County Seat so some places are lower income and some places are higher income. just like any big town/city. anywhere behind the Old Nells (the grocery store near Pheasant Run) is a good area.

Old 11-19-2011, 08:05 AM

1 posts, read 7,212 times
I am in tears laughing at some of these posts. I lived in the carlisle, boiling springs pa area for years, I lived in carlisle from age 2 to age 8, boiling springs from age 8 to 18, and lived in carlisle from age 21 to 23 and know these areas well. Although I haven't lived in the area for close to 3 years now I have seen carlisle since then while visiting relatives and I can't believe that some people on this post are calling carlisle a 'ghetto'. I guess these views of what a bad area is is relative to what kind of safety a person wants in the area they live in, but carlisle doesn't even come close to being a city. Carlisle is a quaint family town that is clean, small, and definately NOT ghetto. Sure boiling springs is more SAFE but if you don't feel safe in carlisle you must be very paranoid, or afraid of minorities because the only thing that makes carlisle look like a crime infested ghetto is the fact that there are a lot of minorities living there. Carlisle is not a bad area or a bad town by any stretch of the imigination and I guarantee you will not be mugged, shot, stabbed, or killed living there. Let me put it this way, if you tried to mug someone in carlisle at night you are a CLOWN because after doing so you would be arrested in four minutes because the cops there have very little to do and again carlisle is NOT a ghetto city where thugs rule the streets. Are these people posting on this forum joking? Carlisle a ghetto? WHAT?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Harrisburg area