U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Harrisburg area
 [Register]
Harrisburg area Cumberland, Dauphin, and Perry Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2009, 09:06 AM

7 posts, read 17,781 times

Advertisements

Hi!!! We are in middle of moving to PA from CT. We've narrowed down our search to a few districts: Derry Township, Lower Dauphin, Camp Hill and Cumberland Valley. Our narrowing was based mainly on school systems since we have a child who will require IEP services for speech therapy.

I'm trying to really understand the differences between Camp Hill 'Boro' and the Camp Hill area that falls in the CV district (incl. some of the Mechanicsburg addresses):

What do you see as the biggest difference between the Camp Hill and CV districts? School wise? Neighborhood wise? Tax wise? Service wise? Parks and Rec wise?

Right now they are neck and neck as the 2 favorites and I'm just trying to understand before our next house hunting trip what the locals say the differences are.

Thanks in advance for your reply!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2009, 02:16 PM

149 posts, read 598,830 times
Camp Hill School District includes only Camp Hill Borough. CV includes Hampden, Silver Spring, Middlesex and Monroe Counties. They are like night and day. Camp Hill has an typical graduating class of 75. CV high school has 2,598 students. Camp Hill's high school and middle school are in the same building. CV high school has a building for 9th and 10th and another for 11th and 12th. Last year they were both recognized by US News (for whatever that is worth). Camp Hill has no buses, open campus during lunch, and, at least it used to, have open campus for seniors.

I took Algebra II at CV one summer to skip into calculus by senior year. It is very far from Camp Hill. If you live in one of the Hampden Township's subdivisions with a Camp Hill address (mainly Pinebrook and Point Ridge) the ride to the high school is a haul down a very busy road.

Old 07-16-2009, 09:43 AM

153 posts, read 199,682 times
I can tell you to stay FAR away from CV school, as a matter of fact we are relocating this month to North Carolina, to get out of PA, and esp. get my 14 year old out of CV district. The school is way to overcrowded, the teachers have NO time for individual student attention. If your child is gifted, or special needs, then you will be fine. It's the middle of the road kids that get lost in the shuffle. Go for Mechanicsburg SD, or Camp Hill, or even Trinity. PM me if you need any more info!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Harrisburg area