Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Harrisburg area
 [Register]
Harrisburg area Cumberland, Dauphin, and Perry Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2007, 04:07 AM

1 posts, read 2,979 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I used to live in Shippensburg in the 1980's. I was wondering what is going on there now. I was just a kid when I was living there with my parents. We came from Vietnam. I don't remember much but, that attended James Bird Buzzard Elementary school. There weren't many asians living in Shippensburg at the time.
I used to live at 9 South Earl St. zipcode 17257. The apartment I was living in was between a TV shop "GE I think" and a Bar. The last I heard was that the Bar and the apartment was torn down. There was a bank on the corner and the Post Office was just down the street. Every year there was a Corn Festival right infront of my apartment.
I live in Sacramento, CA now. I was just curious if the town has been changed in any way. I can't find any pictures of the area except of the Widow Piper's Tavern. I do recall going on a field trip to the Tavern with my classmates. Just taking a trip back to memory lane of my childhood. Any pictures of the area wound be great. Thanks.

Hong
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2007, 01:01 PM

13 posts, read 50,556 times
Hi there -- I am from Carlisle and planning to move home again from LA, at least part-time. It is a wonderful area, and I know that a number of Vietnamese were resettled there and actually stayed. Even if the building you lived in has been demolished, it would be nice if you visited once more and saw the surroundings. You might find people, especially your former classmates, to reconnect with. Because you had an unsettled life at the time, I would think that establishing new roots would be valuable to you.

Central PA is clannish in one way -- my family moved there in 1957 and stayed, but it took a long while to feel at home -- but also very friendly. I think you should now feel that Shippensburg is partly yours, too.

With all best wishes, from a fellow Pennsylvanian

Old 12-29-2007, 07:00 PM

5 posts, read 11,210 times
Default Shippensburg

Hi,
I live in Carlisle. You might want to check out the Carlisle Sentinel at http://www.cumberlink.com and then choose the link on the left side of the page for Shippensburg. They currently have some pictures of houses for sale, and lots of sports pictures. When there is news there, they make sure and cover it with lots of pictures. You could also check out Shippensburg University and see if they have anything online.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Harrisburg area