U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Harrisburg area
 [Register]
Harrisburg area Cumberland, Dauphin, and Perry Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 09:23 AM

1 posts, read 3,426 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone!

Has anyone ever gone to Hershey on their honeymoon? The idea doesn't seem too exciting to me but my fiance wants to spend our honeymoon in Pennsylvania and he said that Hershey would be fun. Is it?
What would be a fun romantic city to go to in PA not only to have some quality time alone but also to sightsee, anyway?

Thank you!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2009, 09:32 AM

8,568 posts, read 19,709,593 times
Haven't been to Hershey, but how about:

Lancaster County/Amish Country;

Poconos;

New Hope/Doylestown (northern Philly exurbs).

Old 12-30-2009, 11:44 AM

3,191 posts, read 6,308,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by true_nerd View Post
Hi everyone!

Has anyone ever gone to Hershey on their honeymoon? The idea doesn't seem too exciting to me but my fiance wants to spend our honeymoon in Pennsylvania and he said that Hershey would be fun. Is it?
What would be a fun romantic city to go to in PA not only to have some quality time alone but also to sightsee, anyway?

Thank you!
Although Hershey is interesting, definitely not where I would want to go for a honeymoon. If you are staying in PA, try either Jim Thorpe, PA or our favorite little town in the world, Wellsboro, PA. We started our honeymoon out in Wellsboro.

Old 12-30-2009, 02:55 PM

1,099 posts, read 4,400,141 times
I think Hershey is a good idea. You have the Hotel Hershey, spa, lots of nice restaurants, outlets and Chocolate World is really fun for all ages. Plus it's a short drive to downtown Harrisburg for fine dining/night life and Lancaster's Amish country.

Old 12-30-2009, 05:36 PM

550 posts, read 994,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by true_nerd View Post
I wouldn't recommend any place in Pennsylvania. If your budget allows then I would recommend Boston.

Old 12-30-2009, 06:13 PM

2,539 posts, read 3,890,000 times
Go to a beach in Florida where it's warm. I know a lot of nice places on the Gulf Coast.

Old 12-30-2009, 08:18 PM

3,191 posts, read 6,308,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinE View Post
I wouldn't recommend any place in Pennsylvania. If your budget allows then I would recommend Boston.
Anywhere in NE for that matter. We started in Wellsboro PA and drove from there to VT, NH, MA, and then ended in the Poconos.

Old 12-31-2009, 04:42 PM

10,131 posts, read 15,646,351 times
depends on what you'd like. Philly would be pretty high on my list (esp on or near rittenhouse sq or old city), plenty to see and do and plenty of good restaurants, hotels, and bnb's. (poster didn't say they were getting married in the winter). I've never been to wellsboro but a lot of people seem to like it, there's the grand canyon of Pa up there. depends on what kind of sight seeing you like to do, I suppose. my parents did the route 6 road trip and liked it. if cities aren't your thing, chestnut hill has a cute hotel.
http://www.rittenhousehotel.com/

Old 01-01-2010, 10:24 AM

21 posts, read 65,692 times
Anyplace that smells like Chocolate would rate with me. That is an aphrodisiac! Your guy sounds pretty smart . . .

Old 01-03-2010, 05:33 PM

135 posts, read 367,506 times
I'm only going to guess that your wedding will be in the warm weather, so I will suggest Conneaut Lake a nice lake side resort town and the hotel there is
an old victorian resort hotel that does not have A/C because it don't need it the breezes off the lake is cool and the lake is very romantic.
Now there is a nice town called Foxburg that has a nice hotel right beside the Allegheny River and decent restaurant right next door and is within reasonable driving distance to alot of different activities and Cooks forest is a nice place to spend the day or a few days lots of hiking trails in the area alot of different recreations to do.
Now Another place to check out is Pittsburgh there is alot there to do plus some real nice Hotels and there is Kennywood Park real fun place and been around since the 1880's and is a decent size park and can easily spend a day there, there is also some real nice museums in the area and the Andy Warhol Museum ,plus there is alot of places there to see where major well known movies was filmed the Pitt U campus is beautiful to check out, Point state park if you get to Heinz Field you can go on a tour of the facilities (any sports fan will love that), Pirate games is real affordable, just check out the visitor sites and you will see all they have there.
Check out Western, PA it is a very popular place to spend a honeymoon or vacation, and there is alot places there to do sightseeing and it is well worth it especially if you start at Pittsburgh head north stop at Conneaut and then head to Niagara Falls that is only a couple hours away from there so you can have a great travel honeymoon and see some beautiful country also.
Have fun and post pics of it when your back .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>