Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 12:02 AM

1 posts, read 3,418 times

Advertisements

Hello out there trying to get married in hawaii aug 02, 2008. Seeing that i am in ca all it's been crazy with all the wedding sites and this and that. what are the nicer beaches? looking for more of a semi private beach for about 30 family and friends? Whats the weather like in Aug
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2008, 12:12 AM

28 posts, read 109,412 times
I have the perfect spot for you imo from what you wrote...I too planned my wedding from CA...it takes a ton of work but can be done...I found the best advice came from photographers (they know all the wedding vendors)...if you need any help...pm me I'd be happy to help! the beach I'm talking about is the same beach we got married on..It's on the north shore...look up "Keiki beach bungalows" and ck. the pics there....it's a great size for your group, absolutely beautiful sunset, white clean sand (I was able to lay on the sand in a white dress for pics it was so clean)..if you'd like I can send you some of our shots so you can see the beach, water, sunset..the thing thats nice about this area is that you can house everyone at the bungalows as well! they have an outdoor patio for a reception afterwards that was perfect for our size wedding (40)....oh, by the way...after we got married there, 5 months later we were living in HI.....lol

Old 02-02-2008, 12:21 AM

28 posts, read 109,412 times
The weather in Aug. will be warm a bit humid, but dooable depending on what time of day you get married....we got married in May and it was very nice weather. Keep in mind if you want a sunset wedding or pics, the sunsets on different parts of the island at different times of the year (the photog will be able to help you with that)

Old 02-03-2008, 02:43 PM

15 posts, read 83,843 times
we were just married in hawaii in sep 2007. we married at anaehoomalu bay, known as a-bay. it is in waikoloa on the big island. it was the most perfect wedding ever. we got married at sunset. it rained for a few minutes earlier in the day, then stopped a few hours before the wedding. the ceremony was perfect, it was quiet, warm and humid but not too bad. then after the wedding, the wind gusts picked up and blew the heavy bridal head lei po'o off! and it was heavy! i just thought it was so special that the weather agreed with us for our ceremony. i mean, it was magical, as we were walking away to our cars to drive to our reception, the gusts were just huge all of a sudden.

anyway, we used someone named cheryl to plan our wedding. she did everything, planning-wise. we live in texas. it was so stressfree, she was great. her website is Hawaiian Weddings. we only had about ten people at our wedding, but i know she handles larger. she will also have other wedding sites available.

i did a lot of research before chosing her-- some of the other wedding services seem to really rip you off. she came recommended from our cousin, who lives in kohala.

anyway, best of luck to you-- i know you will be happy whatever site you choose. hawaii is amazing. we are actually moving there this year.

Old 02-03-2008, 09:23 PM

45 posts, read 290,606 times
Aloha

I got married in Haiku Gardens in Kaneohe Oahu back in aug 1987. Its not a beach wedding but it had a Gasibo (not sure of the spelling lol) in a pond with like a local plants and an old hawaiian grass shack. Getting Married in Hawaii will as be beautiful and memorable where ever you chose. Research and make your memories last a life time. I did and been married 20+ years in Hawaii. Good Luck.

Friend

Old 02-03-2008, 11:05 PM

1 posts, read 3,388 times
this depends on your island preferance, your budget and your "THEME" for the wedding. What is your goal to accomplish? Beautiful site for guests, memorable site for picutres, traditional Hawaiian wedding with old Hawaiian Tradition, etc.. This is not a compercial response, but one that lives on Maui and has traveled extensively on the islands.

Old 02-05-2008, 09:25 PM

226 posts, read 576,335 times
I'm not sure about "semi-private" beaches, but I hear Kauai is the most beautiful island of the chain, and is fairly rural, with quiet beaches. It has super jagged mountains, and wild coastlines, with crashing surf. On the main island, you may be aware of the gorgeous black sand beaches.

I would contact the chambers on each island, for more detailed information. I hope that helps!

Old 02-06-2008, 01:50 PM

11 posts, read 35,169 times
Default Go to the Big Island!

On the Kohala coastline, Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel is nice, has a nice beach area. I'd recommend their sister hotel, but it is closed due to earthquake renovations (Mauna Kea Beach Hotel). I'd recommend this one, there are others on the island like Four Seasons Hualalai, Mauna Lani Bay Hotel (excellent!), and a Sheraton. Hotels in the Kona area are not as new, but may offer more affordable packages.

August is humid and HOT. If it's high 80's, you'll melt from the humidity alone. I got married in October because it's way too hot during the summer months!

Oahu and Maui are a little more touristy feel; if you like the small island non-city feel, have your wedding on either the Big Island or Kauai.

HTH!

Old 02-06-2008, 04:02 PM

850 posts, read 4,362,857 times
Big Island Hawaii Resorts | Mauna Kea Beach Hotel | Hawaii Vacation Resorts (http://www.princeresortshawaii.com/mauna-kea-resort-hawaii.php - broken link) although it won't be open for during the time of your wedding in august, they do anticipate a late fall re-opening of this year.

what about ko olina/ihilani JW Marriott's Ihilani Resort & Spa At The Heart Of Ko Olina

Old 07-29-2008, 11:58 AM

3 posts, read 19,871 times
Smile Getting married in hawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpittmanaug2008 View Post
Hello out there trying to get married in hawaii aug 02, 2008. Seeing that i am in ca all it's been crazy with all the wedding sites and this and that. what are the nicer beaches? looking for more of a semi private beach for about 30 family and friends? Whats the weather like in Aug
I also live in california and i got married in hawaii, Maui actually! It was the most beautiful day of my life! I got married by a minister by the name of Jeffrey T. Bond! His staff did everything, the only thing I had to do was show up in my dress for the wedding.

Last edited by 7th generation; 07-29-2008 at 02:51 PM.. Reason: Please send link via the DM feature. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
View detailed profiles of: